Chapter 1: Meeting my best friend I

My name is Kaede Akamatsu. Welcome to my high school story, but be warned - it's far from a sweet and simple tale. Hope's Peak Academy selects 20 students to join the next freshman class with the other 60 students that have been there since kindergarten. Through several interviews and essays, I have been chosen as one of the 20 students. After taking my first step through the door, I was introduced with a long hallway full of students leaning against their lockers and chatting with their friends. I glanced at the paper in my hands. It would take months to be able to memorize the layout of the school. If I walk straight and then take a left, I should be at the Upper School office. That was where I needed to go to grab my class schedule. Looking down at my map, I headed towards the room, but was immediately stopped by a hard, tall object crashing into my face. I fell onto the ground feeling an immense pain all around my head. Did I just bump into a wall? I really hope I didn't just walk into one in front of all these people. After slowly opening my eyes, a boy with jet black hair hovered over me. "I-I'm really sorry!" he exclaimed kneeling down and extending his arm. At least you're not a wall.

"It's not your fault, I bumped into you." After he helped me stand up, waves of pain started hitting my head.

"Are you okay? Let me bring you to the nurse's office." Quickly scanning the hallway, I noticed that people started to whisper and point at me. I should get out of here before I embarrass myself even more.

"Upper School office..." I murmured picking up the map I dropped. "I need to get there."

"Before that you need to see the nurse." The boy had a genuinely worried expression. I nodded, not saying another word. He smiled and took my hand looking around each hallway. I looked at his hand wrapped around my wrist blushing softly. I cleared my throat causing him to turn towards me.

"Do you know where the nurse's office is?" He looked down a little embarrassed.

"No, sorry. But, I'm sure they have one here! I'm actually new here, like you I believe." I sighed. It's kind of him to bring me to the nurse's office even if he didn't know where it was. I looked at my map again and turned to my right.

"It looks like it's to our right."

"Oh, I see it. Let's go. Wait, hey are you okay?" He looked at me with an alarmed expression.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" But as soon as I finished my sentence, I felt liquid dripping down my head. I touched it and saw red on my finger. Then, everything went black.

Uploads every Monday, Wednesday, Friday!