Chapter 22: Losing my best friend? I

NOTE: I'm sorry for not posting this Monday! I've been really busy, but here it is and I also posted the next chapter that's for today. Thank you for understanding! 

Rantaro and I stood up and headed for the girls' room. I knocked on it a couple of times. When the door opened, the girls looked at us perplexed. "Kaede? Big brother?" Rantaro spoke up.

"Did you girls record us dancing?" They both looked at each other then at us nodding. "Why?"

"We thought it was cute!" Yuki exclaimed.

"Big brother and Kaede looked very good..." Aimi said playing with her toys.

"But you know you didn't have to post it. Girls..." His body tensed up, but he paused and looked at me. I smiled at the green-haired boy nodding. He took a deep breath and kneeled down beside them. "You girls have to know that you can't take videos or photos without the person's consent. No matter who it is. You must also get permission to send it."

"We didn't know that..." Yuki said fiddling with her fingers.

"Is big brother mad at us?" Aimi asked looking down.

"No I'm not. You girls didn't know better. This is a good lesson so don't forget what I told you." They both looked at Rantaro smiling. They hugged him tightly and nodded their heads.

"We're learning!" Rantaro smiled petting their heads before standing up and closing the door behind him. When he turned to me I jumped and gave him a tight hug.

He was a little shocked, but smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

After a few seconds, I pulled away clapping for him. "I'm so proud of you. That's exactly how you should handle it. Now they aren't sad and still learned an important lesson."

"You're right. I felt much better as well. Thank you, Kaede." I nodded.

"I made you a promise. Now I have another one and that is to finish these cakes!" The cakes were cooled so we started experimenting with decorations. With the first cake, our frosting was too thick so decorations were sinking into it. We scraped some frosting and handed a couple slices to the girls.

"Yummy!" They exclaimed.

The second time, we realized that the cake was too small to fit all numbers and decorations on top of it. The third time, the piping bag exploded as I was decorating causing myself and the third cake to be covered in frosting.

"Kaede! Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I was wiping off some frosting on my face as I looked at him. He put his hand to his mouth clearly trying to hide his laugh. "W-what's so funny?" I asked. Frosting dropped from my hair to the ground causing Rantaro to burst into laughter. It was the first time I've ever heard him laugh so hard. It made me laugh and we just stood there laughing hard for almost no reason.

When we started to regain our composure, Rantaro looked at me and scooped some frosting off of my face. "Well the frosting tastes good at least." He licked his finger making me blush.

"Maybe we should just frost my face," I giggled.

"We would get a 10/10 on looks," I blushed, but then thought about what he said.

"Wait, is that because you're covering my face?" He laughed at my obliviousness to his compliment.

"Not at all, that's not eve- nevermind you're too cute." I smiled shyly. "Let's get you cleaned up now." We headed towards his gigantic bathroom. "Wrap this around yourself." He handed me a towel and turned around. I blushed and took off my rompers wrapping the towel around me.

"Done." He turned and headed for the sink to turn it on. He felt the water till it was warm.

"Could you lower your head, please?" I nodded. I lowered my head under the warm water then quickly washed all of the frosting off my face. "Do you mind if I-"

"Not at all." He rubbed his hands through my wet hair washing off all the frosting. He took out some shampoo and conditioner. Probably a better brand than what I use. He was so gentle with my hair that felt like I was at a salon. Once he finished, he gave me another towel which I wrapped around my hair. He picked up my rompers and put them in the laundry basket.

"I'll make sure to get this cleaned and returned to you by Monday."

"Thank you, Rantaro." I gave him a warm smile causing him to blush and look away.

"Let me get you a quick change of clothes." He quickly headed out of the bathroom and after a few minutes, he came back in with a dress. "Sorry, this is my mother's. It looks like it might fit you."

"I couldn't wear her dress!" He shook his head.

"It's fine, you can return it Monday. I'd rather you wear hers than my clothes." I sighed and thanked him taking it. He turned around again and I let down my towel exposing my undergarments.

"I'll shower first, Aimi!" Yuki said as she opened the other door to the bathroom. She looked at me with wide eyes. "W-wha-!" Rantaro turned around alarmed, but then saw me and froze in place. "Rantaro and Kaede!"

"Rantaro, turn around!" I commanded as I turned to the boy with crimson-red cheeks. He did as soon as I said it. I turned back to Yuki. "Yuki, this is not what you think." The girl was too shocked to be listening. She screamed and ran away. "Oh my..." I quickly turned back to Rantaro who was still looking the other direction. After I put on the dress, I looked in the mirror a little amazed. It fit perfectly, hugging my figure. "You can turn around." He turned around reluctantly and looked me up and down. He bit his lip in a slight grin causing my cheeks to flush. Him and I are in a bathroom, alone.

"You look really good... I've never seen my mother wear this dress, but I think that's a good thing." I giggled looking back at myself in the mirror.

"It fits perfectly," I said. I remembered what happened seconds ago and shot a glare at him. "Did you see me?"

His body tensed up and he looked away rubbing the back of his neck. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't." I pouted my cheeks wrapping my arms around myself. Dear mother, forgive me for letting another boy see me in my undergarments. "I promise I won't tell anyone." I sighed and turned to smile at him.

      "I know you won't. Thank you, Rantaro. Can we continue working on the cakes?" He nodded. We left to the kitchen to clean up the mess and do our project all over again.

    ~ Shuichi's POV ~

    I kept rereading the conversation I had with Kaede thinking about what I could say next. Does Kaede like Rantaro? She doesn't have to hide it from me. I felt the same strange feeling in my gut. Who was that person that messaged me? Suddenly, the doorbell rang causing me to jump up from my bed. Don't tell me uncle lost his keys again... I fixed my hair and headed towards the door. My eyes widened as I saw the person standing in front of me. "Hey, Shuichi! Sorry for the sudden notice, but I'm staying with you and Uncle! Remember me?"

"Yeah, long time no see, Tsumugi."

Uploads every Monday, Wednesday, Friday