Chapter 8: Going out with my best friend III

~ Kaede's POV ~

     "Why are you guys here?" Shuichi and I were standing in front of Miu, Tenko, Mikan, Kaito, and Kokichi.

"Kaede, what a coincidence! I didn't think you guys would be here as well! We just wanted to have some fun!" Kokichi said with a big grin on his face and his hands behind his head.

No one else said a word. Something's not right here... I highly doubt Miu and Kokichi would even come here together and I don't see Maki. "I just wanted to check out the new rides and asked Tenko and Mikan to join me," Miu said nervously. Shuichi and I eyed each other.

"I'm guessing you didn't know about this either." Shuichi shook his head and shrugged. "Are you and Kokichi good now?" He didn't answer at first rubbing the back of his neck.

"Do you want us to be? After what he said?" His question was genuine and considerate. He only had concern in his voice. He seems to care more about what Kokichi said than I do. I mean, I didn't like what Kokichi said, but I don't want Shuichi to have no friends. Kaito also said the boy had a sick and twisted humor...

"I don't know, but I guess we can all hang out as friends." I smiled at him and he sent a half smile back. I felt comfortable and happy seeing how considerate Shuichi was about my feelings. We nodded and walked up to our friends. "So what are we doing first?"

"I really want to try the new roller coaster!" Mikan said cheerfully. I would've thought she'd be afraid of roller coasters. We all agreed and headed to our first ride. Shuichi and I headed to the front of the roller coaster until someone pulled me back. "Sorry, Kaede but I want to sit next to my friend, Shuichi." Without another word, Kokichi sat in the seat I was previously going to take. Instead of protesting, I turned to join Tenko. Miu was partnered with Mikan while Kaito sat with a random stranger. We were all still in the front four rows of the rollercoaster. Before the ride started, I saw Kokichi and Shuichi talking. Maybe they're making up?

     "Hey Shuichi," Kokichi said cheerfully.

     "Hey," Shuichi replied without a smile on his face.

     "Look, I'm really sorry about what I said to Kaede! I never meant to disrespect any of you guys. I just have a weird sense of humor."

     "He really does!" Kaito shouted from three rows back.

     "How did you-" Shuichi stopped his question turning back to Kokichi.

     "I promise I'll tone it down just for you. I admit, it was a joke I took too far." Kokichi was giving Shuichi puppy dog eyes causing the boy to sigh.

     "Fine." They fist bumped as a sign that they made up and then the ride started. Throughout the twists and turns, Kokichi was constantly talking to Shuichi.

     "So anyways after this we should get some funnel cake! I'm pretty hungry aren't you?"

     "How the hell are you talking on a roller coaster?!" Miu managed to scream as she clinged onto the ride.

     "Roller coasters just aren't thrilling to me." The ride ended shortly after and we all met up. Kaito had his arm resting on Shuichi's shoulder as the other clenched onto his stomach.

     "Yawn... It wasn't even fun," Kokichi stated looking at the sky. Everyone else was fine, especially Mikan who wanted to go on another ride. "Well I want some food!" Kokichi and Mikan started arguing.

     "It's too early let's go on another ride!" She exclaimed. A weird grin formed on Kokichi's face.

     "Fine. Shuichi and Kaito will get food with me while you ladies ride more roller coasters." I looked at Shuichi who was too occupied with his sick friend to be listening. We separated into our groups and rode almost all the rides in the amusement park. After our last one, I felt pretty hungry while Mikan and Tenko looked sick to their stomach.