Chapter 14: Going out with my best friend IV

~ Kaede's POV ~

"Oh there he is," Kaito said as we all turned towards Kokichi.

"I'm back. Missed me?" He asked putting his hands behind his head grinning. "I'm hungry," he whined. "Let's hurry up and eat." We all nodded and headed towards the exit. Before we could reach the door, a loud bang was heard from backstage.

"Let me go! That isn't mine! I have to win this competition!" The black-haired girl was being carried by two bodyguards and the once quiet lobby errupted into whispers.

"What's going on?" Tenko asked. A woman with blonde hair in a tight-business suit ran up to the two guards.

"Mukuro! What's going on?!"

"She has been found possessing illegal drugs." Everyone in the crowd gasped and the woman was clearly stunned.

"They're not mine! I don't know where they came from!" the black-haired girl exclaimed.

"Tell that to the police." Mukuro and her agent were escorted out of the auditorium. I looked at everybody who were clearly stunned except Kokichi. Before I could ask, a bell rang from the speakers.

"Attention pianists and guests. Mukuro Ikusaba is disqualified from the 25th annual competition for possession of illegal substances. The results will still be released at 23:59. Thank you."

"One less competitor I guess." Everyone turned to Kokichi's nonchalant comment, but shrugged not sure of how else to reply.

"Let's just go then."

"I'll head with the boys since there's no room in the car," I said and we headed our separate ways. Although Kokichi protested, I got to sit in the front. We decided to head to a diner close by.

"So, Kaede, when did you start playing the piano?" Kaito asked.

"Since I was 7. When I visited my grandparents, I would sneak into their piano room and start playing with the keys. I loved the individual sound that each one made and soon I wanted to learn how to make music out of them."

"Wow, 7 is a pretty young age," Kokichi said looking out the window. Shuichi hadn't said anything the entire ride to the diner. He had a poker face on, but I felt like he was still upset about that girl. "Why are you so quiet, Shuichi?" Kokichi asked.

"Oh just focused on the road, you know?" Shuichi replied.

"Of course you're one of those super safe drivers. Hands 10 and 2!" Kaito mimicked and we all laughed. As we were heading for a parking spot, a car suddenly drove into it causing Shuichi to hit the brakes.

"Holy shi-!" Kaito shouted hitting the head of my seat.

"Hahahaa!" We saw Tenko and Miu pop out of the windows sticking the middle finger at us.

"Those girls..." Kaito grumbled rubbing his nose.

"Rub that dignity off, too, Kaito. Next time wear a seatbelt." Kokichi snickered.

"Sorry, guys," Shuichi said. He parked in another spot and we headed into the diner with the girls.

We were all sat at a eight person table. Miu and Tenko were still laughing. "Your faces when we jumped in front of you! Hahaha!" They were absolutely dying. Shuichi looked away a little embarrassed.

"Were you guys trying to kill us?!" Kaito shouted angrily.

"Obviously not, but I wouldn't be sad if you did," Miu said.

"It was pretty scary, Miu!" Mikan screamd fidgeting around.

"That's the last time I'm getting in a car with you," Maki stated. We all looked at the menu before ordering our food. After the waiter left, Kaito and Miu started arguing.