Special Chapter: Beach Day I

(Reminder that this is not a part of the real story. It's just a little special chapter for all of you!)

~ Kaede's POV ~

"I can't believe your family owns these houses, Miu!" I exclaimed as we all dropped off our bags. 

"Our house better be better than the boys'!" Tenko exclaimed.

"I want to go to the beach already!" Mikan whined in excitement.

"Calm down, ladies. Yes, I gave the boys my smaller beach house. Let's just drop off our shit before we leave. I can't wait for you guys to see my sexy swimsuit!" Tenko's eyes widened in excitement and I couldn't help, but let out a sigh. I wonder if my two piece still fits me. We all entered our own designated rooms and changed out of our outfits. The bra squeezed me tightly, but it wasn't too bad. I looked at the mirror embarrassed. What happened to my summer body goals?

I draped a white cardigan over my bikini and put on my summer hat. Fear and insecurity fell over me. What if Shuichi sees my body and starts laughing?! No, he wouldn't do that... But I look like a pig! I sighed wrapping the cardigan over my body as I stepped out of my room. All of the girls were in Miu's with their bikinis. "There you are, Kaede! Let us see!" Maki had a cute and simple two piece. A long purple v-neck one piece hugged Mikan's body. Miu wore a strapless bra with a cute summer skirt. I was surprised to see Tenko wearing our school's one-piece swimsuit, but I couldn't imagine her wearing a swimsuit. I smiled at all of my attractive friends. 

"Well, let us see!" Miu commanded. I sighed and uncovered my body revealing my tight bikini. Their eyes widened and I wasn't ready to hear their laughs. 

"I know it looks bad, but I forgot to buy one this week." They didn't say anything.

"Wait till Shuichi sees this," Maki murmured for only the girls to hear. My cheeks flushed and I immediately left the beach house. They followed suit and we started looking for the boys. After a few minutes, we spotted Kaito, Kokichi, Rantaro, and Shuichi setting up the towels and beach umbrellas. I immediately hid behind Maki. 

"I can't let Shuichi see... What if he laughs." Maki looked at me in disbelief.

"I don't think he will." Her comment made me confused.

"Oh, just say hi to your boyfriend, Kaede!" Mikan took off my cardigan, and Miu and Tenko pushed me towards the boys. This caused them to turn towards us and I immediately covered my body with my hands which was pointless. I closed my eyes afraid to see Shuichi's reaction, but there was complete silence. When I opened my eyes, Shuichi's eyes were wide. All of the boys were silent. Do I look that bad?

"Damn..." Rantaro murmured covering a smirk on his face. Shuichi glanced at Rantaro then immediately walked towards me.

"I-I get it if I look silly... I..." I felt a shirt wrap around me and then Shuichi pulled me into a deep embrace.

"Do you think you look bad?" he asked softly. I nodded softly.

"It's a bit tight and I haven't exactly had the best diet..." He let out a soft chuckle that washed some fears away.

"Do you know why I covered you up?" Embarrassment washed over me again. 

"Because I look bad..." His embrace tightened around me and I could feel his lips inch closer towards my ear.

"You're an idiot, Kaede. It's because no one deserves to see how beautiful you are..." My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. Those words echoed through my head causing my cheeks to flush. 

"S-shuichi..." 

"Don't ever think you are ugly. Every morning when I see you, I ask myself how I got so lucky to have a perfect girlfriend." He let me go and gazed into my eyes. All of my worries and insecurity disappeared in that moment and I wasn't sure how to respond. I closed my eyes and he leaned in to kiss me.