~30~"Friendly Chat"/Eva

Dedicated to hersheycatisbest

I stared at him in shock. How on earth did he know? "W-what are you t-talking about?" I asked. "Lisa stop lying to me. I have known you your whole life, and I know when you're hiding something," he said. I was trying to look every else but at him. Did someone polish the floor? It looked much more amusing at the moment than usual. "Look at me," he said with a somewhat stern voice.

I reluctantly looked up at him not wanting to tell him all of the things I have been hiding. "Now, I have waited for you to tell me on your own time, but it's been too long now," he said. I gulped. This was the moment I did not want to happen.

"Tell me what's really going on." Just as he said that Dylan came into the living room. "Jason, Jacob took my phone, because apparently, I swear too much," he exclaimed. "Now, is not the time Dylan," Jason said. "But it's my phone," He said as if that was supposed to change Jason's mind.

He saw my nervous state and Jason's sort of angry state. "Oh, I see. I will come back then," he said then left. Curse you Dylan. I was hoping he would get distracted by that and forget about this entire situation, and all would be good again.

Jason turned back to face me and gave me an expectant look. I knew he wanted me to tell him everything, but how was I supposed to start it? 'Yeah, I was lying to you the whole time, Sorry bout that.' Yeah, that won't work.

I took a deep breath because this may just be the last time I breathe in air that's not from my bedroom. "Okay. Tonight when I said I was going to the cafe to meet with Anna, I lied." I said. "I know," he said. "I actually went to meet Dad." Que the shocked look, then the angered look. I can already see him balling his fist, but he didn't say anything yet which I guess was my cue to continue.

I told him everything from the stalking at the Pizza place, through the week, the little encounter this afternoon up until tonight, leaving out a few pieces of course. I was definitely not going to mention anything about Liam. Not yet anyway. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" he exclaimed when I finished saying the last word.

I flinched at his loud voice. Jason rarely shouted at me or any of our brothers for that fact. If he ever did it usually meant he was really angry. "Why would you lie about that?" he asked toning his voice down. "I--." "Don't you know how much danger you could have put yourself in?" "I know bu-," "What if he'd hurt you, or worse?" he said.

I only looked down as a tear escaped the village. I really did feel bad for hiding these things from him, but I just wanted some answers. He sighed then rested his hand on my knee. "Look, sweetie, I am sorry for shouting, but you have to understand how much danger you put yourself in," he said. "I am just trying to look out for you. It would absolutely kill me to see you get hurt." "Then I would have to go to prison for killing that person," he said.

"I know and I am really sorry Jason. I just thought that after all this time Dad may have wanted to be a real father to us," I said opening the gate for some more tears to leave the village. "And you could finally live a normal life," I said.

"Oh sweetie," he said as he pulled me in for a hug. "You should never have to worry about me. Yeah, things aren't luxurious, but I wouldn't trade you guys for a 'normal life' any day," he said. "If Dad wanted to be a real father to us he would have done so by now," Jason said.

I sniffled as I pulled from the hug. "But what if he changed his mind?" I asked. I was really trying to get Jason to give Dad another chance. "What if he is serious this time?" Jason seemed to have thought about it a little which is more than enough progress.

"You really think he wants to change himself?" he asked me. I nodded slowly. I wasn't really sure, but I wanted Jason to give him a chance. "Okay. I will talk to him, and only me. Then we will go from there," he said. That made me smile.