~38~ Stalker

I looked at Jason then back at Justin. He gestured for one of us to speak. "So is one of you going to talk or am I going to have to tell you?" he asked.

" It was Justin's fault, " I said snitching on him right away. "Okay, I am sorry. It wasn't even my fault, it was Justin's fault. He kept being rude to the teacher and caused us both to get a detention."

"I believe you."

"What!?" Justin exclaimed. "You think I don't know you, Justin? Although I expected you to last at least one more day." Jason said shaking his head in disapproval.

"It wasn't my fault the teacher was being a class A d-"

"Don't finish that sentence, " Jason interrupted him. Justin grumbled whatever and went back to the living room. "Oh, and you're grounded, " Jason shouted with a slight smirk on his face.

Sometimes, I think he just likes holding all of this power and authority. "And as for you, please don't let it happen again, " he said. I nodded, happy that I got away with only a warning.

Jason started something on the stove and I sat at the island watching him. "So are you gonna tell me about her, or am I going to have to ask?" I said leaning my head against my elbows.

"Well, you just did, " he said. I rolled my eyes at him.  "You know what I meant, " I said. "I know sweetheart. I am just kidding."

He turned around to look at me and I gave him the gesture to go on. "Okay, okay. So remember when I told you I was talking to someone a few weeks ago?" he asked.

I briefly racked my brain, until I remembered what he was talking about. "Oh yeah. The one you said you were just talking to?" He nodded. "Well, over the weeks we started to talk some more. She seemed like a really nice person so I decided to take it to the next step. I wanted to make sure she was trustworthy before I brought her to the house, " he explained all the while chopping up some herbs for the food.

"Okay, I get it. You wanted us to like her?" I asked. "Yes. Most importantly, I wanted you to like her. It would have been very hard to date someone at all if they didn't like my little sister, " he said.

I nodded. It seemed all of my brothers were getting girlfriends. I had yet to meet Dylans and for all I know Jacob could be talking to someone as well.

I guess I was just a little worried about them replacing me. When I didn't say anything, Jason glanced at me.  "You have nothing to worry about Lisa, " he said holding both of my hands.

"If anything, it's them who has something to worry about. They have some high standards to meet, " he said. I chuckled a little at that. It was true. If you couldn't survive at least Justin's attitude or Dylan's remarks, then you had no business being here.

"Now what do you want to eat?" he asked returning to the food. "Whatever you're making, " I said watching him work his magic on the stove. I just watched him until I remembered something.

"Did you ever get any fingerprint off of the envelope form this morning?" I asked. He shook his head disappointedly. "Unfortunately no. Nothing came up. If it does persist I am gonna have to do something else about it. "

I nodded although he couldn't see me. "It's so weird. Why would anyone continuously give out fake letters?" I asked myself but Jason heard.

"I have no idea, " he said. I looked out of the window in thought. I thought about all of the different possibilities as to why someone would do that, but I came up blank. It just didn't make any sense to me.

"But until we figure out who is doing this, you and Justin probably shouldn't go anywhere alone, " he said now facing me. I nodded. I wouldn't want to either. Things were starting to get really weird.