~64~ Waking Up

Jasons POV

It's been 2 hours since we have been sitting in the waiting room. To my great relief, Dylan and Justin, along with Liam walked into the waiting room. Justin immediately ran to hug me upon seeing me. He was a mess, and I held him as if it were the last time I would see him. Dylan used that time in the waiting room to tell me everything that happened.

We still don't know what happened with Veronica, as Dylan said she was gone when they left. After Lisa is okay and everyone is safe I will make it a top priority to put her along with, who I now know is Liams Dad, behind bars.

I hadn't told Dylan or Justin that Dad was gone and I had no idea how I would tell Lisa. If I could tell Lisa. I dismissed the thought quickly. Lisa was going to be fine. They said her injury wasn't too bad. She was going to be okay.

I had to keep positive and strong. If not for me, for everyone else. We have been here a while so it can't be much longer till they call us back. Liam suddenly got up and started leaving. "Where are you going?" Dylan asked looking up at him. Liam didn't stop and continued walking out, completely ignoring Dylan. After a few minutes of hesitation, Dylan walked out after him. I didn't go after him because I knew he would handle it.

Dylans POV

I walked out and saw Liam sat against the wall with his head in his hands. Part of me didn't want to follow him out. I wanted him to keep walking and not come back, but then again...I understood him. "She's gonna hate me now," he said. "She's not going to want anything to do with me after this," he continued. I sighed and sat next to him. Whether he knew it or not, we were pretty much in the same situation.

"That's not true and you know that," I said after a few seconds of silence.

Liam looked up and it's the first time I've seen him scared. Even when we were interrogating him, when we threatened him, he didn't seem as scared as he did now. "My father did this to her. He's the reason she is here. I promise I didn't know he would do that," he said. Did he think I blamed him?

"My mother manipulated the entire thing...whether any of us like it we have that in common. Neither of my parents are any good. Sadly we don't choose who our parents are," I said looking out into the horizon. The sun was starting to set and in any other situation, this would have been calming.

"Doesn't change the fact that I blame myself," he mumbled.

"I know."

I completely understood what he was feeling. I looked over at Liam who was staring out into the distance. "I can't go in to see her. Not when I know it's my father who caused this in the first place," he said. "Could you tell me how she is?... Once you know shes ok?"

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes, even though he probably wouldn't see. "I'm not going to because you're going in to see her," I said looking at him. He was about to protest before I cut him off.

"I don't care what you think. How do you think she will feel if she sees that you of all people aren't there for whenever she wakes us?" I asked. He gritted his teeth and looked away. "I just..can't ok?"

"Yes, you can! None of this is your fault. It's our parents and Jason will make sure they both get what they deserve," I said. I don't know if I was even getting to him. It's amazing how fast the roles changed. Instead of asking him to leave Lisa alone, I was begging him to stay here for when she wakes up.

"Liam?" I asked when he didn't say anything. That was when I noticed he was actually crying. If you don't know what an awkward situation is, then here you go. Now you know. He abruptly got up and I followed.