~55~Liam (Part 2)

Lisas POV

I glared at Dylan who sat across from me at the dining room table. Once I found out that he invited Liam over for dinner without any warning or approaching me beforehand I was really angry.

I didn't even realize I was gripping the fork so tightly until Jacob rest his hand on top of mine. Jason cleared his throat. "So, Liam what do you want to be when you're older?" he asked looking at him.

I looked over at Liam who surprisingly looked pretty calm. That relaxed me a little, but I was still a little anxious. "I want to be an engineer, sir," he said looking at Jason. Jason nodded his head slowly.

"He doesn't like being called that. It makes him feel old," Justin said taking a bite out of his chicken.  "Oh," Liam said nodding briefly. "Anyway, I think we are done here," I said resting my fork down.  All Jacob and Dylan was doing was glaring at him.

Justin seemed to be enjoying it. I don't understand. "Are you sure you want to date Lisa? I mean, look at her," Justin said gesturing towards me. "Justin!" I shouted. I could feel my face heat up with utter embarrassment. I probably looked like a fire hydrant. Maybe even worse.

Justin only laughed in return. "Okay, Justin," Jason said gesturing for him to stop. "So, why haven't I ever seen you at school?" Dylan asked. "Uh, that's because I do homeschool," he replied. "Hmm," Dylan nodded and squinted his eyes at Liam.
It was as if he was just studying him.

If Liam wasn't getting uncomfortable right now he must be invincible. "Why do you take homeschool?" Jacob asked. "I just prefer it. It's much more convenient for me so that I can spend more time at the cafe."

That answer didn't really seem to satisfy anyone.

"Okay, Liam. Who do you live with?" Jason asked. "With my Mom and little brother," Liam answered. "And what about your Dad?" Jason asked. I could see Liam briefly glance at me. That wasn't an easy topic for him.

"Can you guys please stop questioning him now? He has proved himself hasn't he?" I asked looking at Jason. "No, he hasn't," Jacob said still glaring at Liam. "What more do you want from him?" I asked now looking at Jacob.

"What are your intentions with her? Why do you want to date her?" Jacob asked completely ignoring me. Liam opened his mouth to respond but I cut him off. "No, please don't answer. Jacob, you already asked him that," I said.

"Well, I need to hear it again. Why. Do. You. Want. To. Date. Her?" Jacob asked pausing between each word. "That's it!" I shouted standing up from my seat. All heads turned towards me.  "I get that you guys don't want me to date, but can't you be happy for me? What's the point in trying to take him away from me now? You guys are being ridiculous!"

I didn't wait to hear what anyone had to say and ran upstairs. Tears were already starting to stream down my face. Not only were they trying to push Liam away, but they were embarrassing me. I wouldnt be surprised if he didn't want to be with me anymore because of them.

I closed my room door and locked it. All my emotions were clashing together and I couldn't help the feeling of a panic attack starting to come. I tried to keep it together and think of one of the breathing exercises that Jason taught me. After a couple of tries, it worked.

I sat on my floor and leaned against my dresser. I wasn't going back down there anytime soon. I didn't want to face anyone. I felt bad that I left Liam down there alone with them, but I couldn't go back down there. Besides, that would be really awkward.

I sighed and rested my head in my hands.

~Overprotective~

  I was awoken by a knock on my door. I squinted and looked around my room.  I was still in the same position but it was dark outside. I had no idea what time it was. The knock sounded again forcing me to get up and open it.