~48~ Safe

I gaped at the sight ahead of me. How was it possible that Sally's family was right ahead of us? Was I dreaming? Did I pass out or something? "Mr. and Mrs. Williams?" Jason asked. I just sat on the chair looking up at them. I refused to get up because I didn't trust my legs. "Is our Sally here?" Sally's mom asked. "We were told she was spending some time here?

How were they actually here?

They all looked fine. It didn't look as if a hair on their head was touched. Little Bonnie was playing with a Barbie doll. She didn't seem the least bit alarmed or scared. They all looked fine.

"Are you guys okay?" Jason asked walking towards them. Sally's mother gave him a confused look. "Why wouldn't we be okay? We got this nice offer to a beautiful resort. I forgot the name of the nice lady. I think it was-"

"Veronica?" Jason interrupted.

"Yes! That's her. Such a nice lady she was. Anyway. I assumed Sally would have told you. Veronica said Sally would have rather stayed with Lisa than go with us. I was a little sad, but we had lots of fun. Bonnie loved it especially," She finished, smiling at Bonnie.

"So you guys weren't in danger or anything?" Jason asked. Sally's dad placed a hand on his shoulder. "Son, what are you talking about?" Jason nodded slowly and mumbled something. "Okay. Uum Sally is in the guest room." He gave Jacob a look and they both walked out of the living room.

"What in the world is going on?" Dylan said aloud. "I thought she said her parents might be dead," Justin said. I didn't even see when he got down here. I sighed of relief when the thought finally hit. Sally's family was safe. That was one less thing I had to worry about, but now there was something extra. How are they here? I thought they were in danger.

Sally made it seem like they were already dead. Dads eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. I imagine he was as confused as I was. I could hear Sally crying from here. I imagine her parents would also be very confused as to why she looked the way she did. There was a lot of explaining to do on both sides.

I decided to leave Sally with her family for a little while. She thought she would never see them again and now, here they are. "I am assuming that is her family?" Dad asked. I nodded. This would be the first time he has seen them.

"Yeah. I can't believe they just waltz in here, unharmed," I said looking towards the direction Sally's family just went. I am really happy they are here, but there had to be more to it. I know my mother. This can't be the end of it.

"So this was Veronicas doing?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I just don't understand. This isn't making any sense," I said. "At least she has her family back," Justin said. I nodded. For now, I decided to forget about the whole thing. Sally has her family back and that is all that matters.

"So what now? Is she going to get away with it?" Justin asked. "She can't get away with this too," I mumbled. Mom has gotten away with too much already. Dad looked at me with a sad look. "You're right. She can't get away with this too." Dad said.

"What do you care?" Justin asked looking at him. Dylan rolled his eyes. "Give it a break, Justin." I widened my eyes at what Dylan just said. He was defending Dad? "What does that mean? Are you falling for his tricks too? Cause I am not," Justin retorted folding his arms and glaring at him. "I am not falling for his tricks, I am just saying."

Justin was about to say something when I interrupted him. "Can you please stop?" I asked looking at him. He looked at me and sighed then went upstairs. Dylan was about to follow when Dad stopped him. "Just...give him some time," he said looking at Dylan.

Dylan nodded and sat back down. Why was everything getting so stressful? I just need at least one relaxing day. I sighed and laid my head on Dylan's lap. "This is so frustrating," I groaned out closing my eyes. I felt him start to run his hands through my hair. "I know." Dylan held onto my wrist suddenly.