CHAPTER ONE

Payton Dean was one hell of an outgoing woman, she was confident, bold and ambitious

She was not someone who was embarrassed about who and what she believed in, and for someone like that in Beacon Hills—she was practically well known.

Mainly because she made sure to make a statement wherever she went, but when she moved away to live it big in New York—at that being for 10 years, she decided, it was time to finally return home.

She was not sure why she was drawn back to Beacon County. It was almost like a force that was calling her back.

When Payton arrived in the town early morning, she had gone to visit her relatives, the McCall's.

Upon arriving at the residence, she saw a rundown jeep parked at the front, to her amusement which was considering cute—to whoever had owned it, must treat the vehicle like its own child.

Arriving at the front door, she knocked waiting patiently as the door opened revealing her sweet baby cousin, Scott McCall," Oh my god, Little Scotty!!" She ran over to the teenager who was speechless as he got tackled by the woman.

"P-Payton?" He asked as she pulled out of the hug before making them both fall to the ground

"The one and only" She winked to her cousin

"What are you doing here?" He questioned the older woman who chuckled

"Decided to move back in town—New York was not cutting it for me" Scott noticed the sudden change in her tone, but didn't dare to question it. He knew that Payton would most likely not tell him about it.

Scott looked at his older cousin who had grown so much, from when he last saw her when he was only 7 years old. She was fully grown into a mature woman, and no longer had the appearance of a teenager he last remembered her as.

"Hey Scott, who was at the door?" Payton saw a male walking out of the kitchen, gasping at who she was looking at

"Oh my god, Little Stilly is that you?!"

Stiles scrunched his nose at the nickname recognizing the woman who loved to bully him when they were younger," No, way why are you back here?" He said unamused at the woman who was smirking

"Awh, I missed you to Stilly"

"I sure as hell did not miss you" He scoffed as she walked over pulling him in a headlock as Scott watched his older cousin terrorize his best friend, but he did not bother to save him since he dug his own grave.

"OKAY, I YIELD!" Stiles shouted

Payton let him go laughing," Victory is so sweet!" She hummed as he frowned her narrowing his eyes.

"Right, we need to go to school, can you like go, back from wherever you came from?"

Stiles walked pass her as Scott rolled her eyes," Stiles..."

"Awh Stilly, and here I came bearing gifts, oh well, I guess it can go to chari— It was like a switch had been flicked, as Stiles turned around to the words, as Payton let out a laugh at his body movement, Beacon Hills, was not much, but she knew, she made the right choice coming home.