CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Payton was not sure why, but she brought Derek, at the one place, she never thought she'd bring anyone else besides Laura

Payton was not sure why, but she brought Derek, at the one place, she never thought she'd bring anyone else besides Laura. It was her own little place, she liked to be when she just wanted to think.

Payton stood at the edge of the cliff that overhang, giving the best view of Beacon Hills," Laura and I used to come here to just gossip you know that" Payton said not turning to the young Hale who looked down at the view.

"Do you blame yourself?" Payton questioned him as she finally turned facing Derek who didn't respond as he closed his eyes nodding his head.

"Well, you shouldn't, you probably noticed, but Laura and I are a lot alike, we are both stubborn, and never ask help from anyone, even our own family, but in the end, despite it all, Laura wanted you safe" Payton confessed

"How do you know that?" Derek looked at Payton as she pulled out her phone going to her email

"Laura sent me this" She tossed her phone to Derek as he looked at the long message from his sister as he gripped the phone. She let him read it before she spoke to him.

She let him read it before she spoke to him. "I blame myself, Derek, if I saw that email sooner, I could have come to town with her, and maybe even avoided her from being killed—you have every right to be angry at me and— She was cut off as Derek pulled her into an embrace. He was silent but felt him shaking lightly, she realized, that Derek was crying.

"Hey there Pays, it's me, Laura, it's kind of strange sending an email when I can just call you, but I need to confess, about me and my family.

Do you remember the night we got wasted at the birthday bash we got invited to? When I told you, that I was a werewolf, and you just smiled at me saying that was the most amazing thing? It was strange, even if you were drunk you didn't take it as a joke, but instead accepted it?

When I realized that I told you that, I feared that I brought you in danger with the knowledge, but the next day I saw you, you completely forgot, it was really funny, but I was happy you forgot because it meant that you were safe.

Well, I didn't send this message to be nostalgic, but instead, I ask you something, a favour really. I'm sorry for asking you for something like this, but I know you'll do it without questions, but I need you to take care of Derek.

I'm going to do something risky, and I might not be safe, and I need you to tell Derek, that if I died, I do not blame him, I never will, because I am the Older Sister, and I want for my baby brother to be safe. Tell Derek I love him so much, and please watch over him for me and I love you as well Pays.

Also, make sure to always Remember Me.

- Love Laura Hale

Payton held Derek as she also cried as she held him in her arms, she didn't mean to tell him so late, but she needed the right moment to show him the message.