CHAPTER TWENTY

"Right, anyways, Boyd, Isaac" Payton tossed her keys to them," You two can head home, I need to talk to these two," She said waving her hand to her cousin and Stiles "Call Erica, and see if she needs a ride as well, I think she is with a friend" S...

"Right, anyways, Boyd, Isaac" Payton tossed her keys to them," You two can head home, I need to talk to these two," She said waving her hand to her cousin and Stiles "Call Erica, and see if she needs a ride as well, I think she is with a friend" She watched the two boys enter her car, as she waited for them to drive off.

Payton was sure, that Scott could hear her heart that was rapidly fluctuating, to say she wasn't nervous, is an understatement," I guess, I'll start with, that I'm also in Derek's Pack" She turned to the two boys as they shared a look.

"Okay, but be honest with me, was it willingly?" Scott asked slowly as he crossed his arms and then she went silent for a while, sure, she did it because Derek had blackmailed her, but that was actually a lie, since the recent events with Derek, on their little 'date', Payton didn't stay because she was asked to, but because she wanted to.

"Well, to be perfectly honest, at first it seemed like that, especially to Derek, he blackmailed me into joining his pack or else he wouldn't help you Scott" Payton confessed, not wanting to lie one bit and then Stiles made a face

"You said it seemed like that, what do you mean?"

"I knew he was not really going to pull through on that blackmail, especially since he's like a mentor to Scott, and besides, he owes it to you both for saving his life" Payton explained to the pair, waiting for the next couple of questions, but it didn't come, instead one she didn't expect did.

"So, like are you and Derek— Stiles said not finishing his sentence, but feeling like Payton would know what he meant, and immediately she narrowed her eyes

"No, we are not Stiles, what even, No— how can you even think that?" She huffed as Scott chuckled behind his hand.

"No wait, the question is why are you guys not yelling at me? I mean I disappeared for a while and—

"We thought you needed the time for yourself Payton, and Derek kind of told us you were fine, so we didn't want to pester you, especially since you got thrown into the whole supernatural business" Scott reassured her as she let out sigh pulling him into a hug, along with grabbing Stiles into it.

"I love you boys so much!" Payton whispered as they both tightened the group hug, the only thing now that she was dreading was Marcus, sure, he was not much of a threat considering she had the pack and Scott, but he was just a human, Payton did not want to resort to using the supernatural to deal with him.

The truth was, that Payton was terrified of him, sure, she is a werewolf now, but the fear still lingered within her, to her, he was a cold-hearted and obsessive person, and it makes her question the system, on how they allowed him to get out of prison.

She was worried for Melissa and the Stilinski's, Marcus had a lot of money, and he could even destroy them with it, the one powerful thing that can rob them, and Payton knew that the McCall's and Stilinski's had money problems, so if someone powerful like Marcus knew about that, who knows what he'll do to them.