CHAPTER TWELVE

"I can't think straight when all I want to do is rip you apart, I can't control it!" Payton snarled at Derek who was not phased

"There is a way for control Payton, try reciting the three words, I said"

"Hell no! I rather sink my teeth in your flesh!" She growled at him, and it was surprising, that Derek was not losing his patience with her.

The full moon had already been up for a few hours, and he had not once left from his spot.

Derek was determined to help Payton because it was his own Uncle who afflicted her with lycanthropy.

He hated the fact that she was dragged into this mess, and the moment she left Beacon Hills, the part of him, that missed her, was not as strong as the part of him that was glad, she was away from the supernatural.

"Recite the three words" Derek persisted as she grits her teeth

"Alpha, Beta, Omega" Payton recited but it was not working at all, it was only making her angrier.

"You know saying those words, make me just want to rip you apart even more little Hale" Payton spat as she yanked herself in the chains trying to attack him, she expected him to flinch, to move, to give up, but Derek did not do any of that.

"Why are you trying to help me?" She said slowly in breaths," Because it's my fault you got bitten" Derek admitted

"Your fault? You're not the one who made out with a man, then got bitten"

Derek shot his head up to her as she cursed to herself," Pardon?"

She let out a sigh," Not exactly how I expected to say that" Payton muttered

"You— and Peter?" Derek questioned as Payton let her head hang in defeat

"To be perfectly fair, I didn't know he was even your Uncle, and also the sick bastard that murdered Laura—you have no idea how fucked up it is"

Derek was not sure why but it made him angry with the news, he wasn't angry in the sense of betrayal since there was not any of that, instead, it was jealousy.

"Maybe it's my punishment" Payton confessed to Derek

He raised an eyebrow curiously at her statement," What makes you say you deserve this?" Payton let out a sigh and told him her story, everything since she went to New York. She married a man she had just met, mainly so that she could survive, she pretty much used him for his money, she was not sure she even loved him.

"I had affairs, even if I was married, I used a lot of people, just so that I could have a place to live, but that changed, when I ran into Laura, she was the reason I wanted to change and...she told me about what happened...I'm sorry I wasn't there for you guys"

"Why would you need to have been there for us? It's not your responsibility" Derek retorted, what surprised him, was that he did not comment on anything before that, mainly because he couldn't judge her for what she had done, he had no right.

The one thing the pair didn't realize, that the entire time, Payton no longer had bloodlust, and she was in control. She had not realized talking to Derek, and spilling her insecurities, kept her sane.