CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Payton opened her eyes, and the entire surrounding was completely bright and white

Payton opened her eyes, and the entire surrounding was completely bright and white. She chuckled to herself, about the irony of the situation. It was exactly how she expected death would be like.

"What are you laughing at Pays?" Payton froze in place recognizing the voice, as she turned slowly to see Laura Hale, smirking at her crossing her arms.

"Laura?" She muttered as she felt chills ran down her spine, as she got goosebumps

"The one and only" Laura grinned raising her arms as Payton ran into them embracing her beloved best friend, although, the moment did not last when Laura pushed her back flicking her forehead with her finger.

"Ouch, what was that for!" Payton whined as she rubbed her forehead, as she looked at Laura who was frowning at her

"How dare you think you can just die?! What the hell are you doing! Why are you giving in, you are not weak Payton! You have your whole life ahead of you" Laura shouted at Payton who lowered her hand, she had never seen Laura this angry in her entire life, knowing her.

"Laura—"

No! I am not done! Look, I am not accepting this, it's not your time, so wake the hell up, and go back to your life" Laura cut off Payton as she lectured her.

Laura was dead set on having her best friend, not accept death, she was not weak, and she was not going to just welcome her in open arms.

"Payton Ophelia Dean, you are the most tenacious person I have ever known, but the one thing you are is self-sacrificing, and it's your biggest weakness. Sure, you did horrible things, but we are only humans, we all make mistakes, the truth is, your trying to find a way to hide your insecurities and pain, but despite that, I still think to believe that inside all of those flaws, is someone who is seeking for people to accept those slipups"

"No one can accept them, they are not for people to accept Laura" Payton retorted as Laura rolled her eyes at her stubborn friend

"No you're right, but despite that, you have a lot of people who do, Scott, Stiles, Isaac, Boyd, Erica, and Derek"

Payton hugged herself shaking her head," I'll just end up repeating my mistakes, over and over again, it's what I'm good at doing"

Laura walked over to her friend putting her hands on her shoulders," There is a reason you came back to Beacon Hills, are you giving up on it?"

"No, I—"

Laura smiled as Payton cut herself off," Then why are you giving up? Why are you saying all these things? You came back because you wanted to stop running away from this, so don't you dare think death is the easy way out, it's the coward way, and are you, Payton Ophelia Dean, a coward?"

Payton stared into Laura's eyes and shook her head," No"

"Then screw all those insecurities right now, and survive, open your eyes, continue to live, and learn from your past mistakes, and make sure to not repeat them. Payton, you are a strong independent person, and you never gave up before, so why give up now?"

Payton looked at Laura as she slowly disappeared, her dear friend, even in death, saved her.