CHAPTER FOUR

As she sat on her couch crossing her arms with one hand at her mouth as she bit on her finger, the laptop that was sitting on her crossed legs, as she was looking at what she had searched up," This is ridiculous" She muttered eyeing her screen

"A werewolf?! What the hell is this, a teen drama?" She argued as she put her laptop on the couch standing up pacing around," I wouldn't mind being a Vampire if those even exist, but a werewolf? So, does that mean I shift? And my bones—

She stopped pacing and shook her body," God that sound painful"

"I got to find that Peter bastard, he did this to me, gave me this 'gift' so he claims" Payton declared as she walked over to her shelves pulling out some clothes and tying her hair in a high bun.

What Payton, had not expected, now that she was a werewolf, it means she was going to be around a lot of trouble, problems will be her best friend, and living a normal life, would be far from what she wanted.

The first and only place Payton could think of was the forest, where she had been bitten. As she walked along the land, she kept on trying to think why the name 'Peter Hale' sounded so familiar, why was his name lingering in her head.

As she walked along the forest, she came across a home, that looked like the result of a house fire, and then it clicked, Peter Hale, Hale, she knew two of the Hales very well, Laura and Derek.

She was close friends with Laura Hale back in school, but moved after graduation, being a year older than the girl, and with much fate, the two did, in fact, meet up in New York, as Laura told her about the fire that happened, leaving the two left, but Peter?

According to Laura, only Derek and she were the only survivors since they were at school during the tragic fire.

Payton was lost in thought, when she heard footsteps behind her and was suddenly tackled to the ground not being fast enough being slammed to the ground.

She opened her eyes looking at a male looking down at her with his eyes glowing blue and Payton's glowing yellow.

"Who the hell are you?"

Payton went silent at the male that had her on the ground," Derek? Derek Hale?" She blurted out while in New York, she did not see Derek at all, but she could see the younger boy she had known in school recognizing him.

"Payton Dean—a friend of your sister's, the one you always called annoying, I was a year older than her," Payton said as her eyes turned back to normal calming down, no longer feeling hostile but Derek was not showing any sign of moving as he glared at the woman.

"I don't care, what the hell are you doing here?! Who sent you?" Derek scowled at her as she tried to process what he meant

" I don't know what you mea—"

"Payton?!" A voice shouted when suddenly Derek was shoved away from her as she lifted her head looking at who had saved her—it was Scott, but then she saw his yellow eyes, he was a werewolf as well. Scott stood in front of Payton protectively as he growled at Derek who was also turning the gesture.