CHAPTER FIVE

Payton got off the ground shaking her head that was throbbing from being slammed to the ground, and in front of her Scott and Derek stared at each other growling

Payton was trying to process everything that was going on.

Derek ran over to Scott and Payton on instinct lifted Scott barely avoiding the attack, it was clear to her that Derek was much stronger than both of them even combined.

Scott was let go from the hold and turned to look at Payton whose eyes were yellow," You're a werewolf?"

She started to breathe heavily as she fell to the ground trying to breathe, her lungs felt like it was on fire, and her nails grew as her teeth elongated," Payton— She let out a scream in pain

"Scott get away from her, NOW!" Derek shouted as Scott was about to walk over and reach over to his older cousin, knowing what was happening to her.

"She was just recently bitten, she's transitioning" Derek responded to the distressed Scott

"At daytime? Doesn't that usually happen at night?" Payton then went silent no longer breathing heavily as she fell forward falling into darkness collapsing.

"What happened to her? Is she rejecting the bite?" Scott ran over to his cousin shouting to Derek who walked over kneeling down to Payton.

"I don't know, but we need to bring her somewhere, tonight's the full moon, and she'll be dangerous" Derek added as Scott furrowed his brows not happy with the idea of having to chain her up, but he knew that it was the only way.

"We can bring her to my work" Scott suggested as Derek nodded lifting the woman in his arms. Scott following the pair arrived shortly to Stiles who was waiting beside his jeep and furrowed his brows, seeing Payton in the arms of Derek

"What happened? Why is Payton—

"I'll explain in the car," Scott said as Derek went in the back seat with Payton, as Scott sat in the front seat looking back worried at her. His own cousin, who just moved back to Beacon Hills, was already dragged into a mess, one he had hoped to never happen to his own family member.

"She was bit Stiles, and just recently, according to Derek" Stiles started the car frowning

"What? Who?" Stiles demanded to look back to Derek narrowing his eyes glaring.

"I don't know, but we'll find out when she wakes up," Derek said looking at the unconscious woman. He had known Payton, back in school, he never really spoke to her, except when she was with his sister.

The one thing, he did not want to have to tell Payton, was that his sister was murdered, knowing the two were really close, he didn't have the heart to tell her.

"She just moved back in town, and then she suddenly gets bitten" Scott seethed angrily as looked through the rear-view mirror at the older woman than to Derek

"Do you have any idea who bit her?"

"No" was all Derek said to Stiles who rolled his eyes at his passive comment and just decided not to bother him with any more questions. Stiles and Scott shared a look both trying to accept the fact, that now she was in the same mess as them.