CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"So, you are making me babysit?" Payton glared at Derek as she sat in his loft, on his bed, that had Isaac Lahey, who was currently injured after fighting someone

"He listens to you," Derek said putting his jacket on.

It had been a month, since Derek, started biting a few high schoolers for his pack, which Payton didn't agree on, but with mild threats about not helping Scott, was her leverage, in staying in the pack.

Speaking of Scott, she had not spoken to him, since the night she joined Derek's pack, which was making the McCall's worried about her sudden disappearance.

In truth, she wanted to speak to the Stilinski's and her family, but she was scared of being around others since she didn't have control, and her emotions kept getting the better of her.

The main thing that had been keeping her in check, was taking care of the young pack members, feeling a maternal responsibility for them.

The three she met, prior to the bite, and watching them change from it. She felt responsible, for there well begins, and they all listened to her, and not as much to Derek.

She was starting to think, that moving in with Derek was going to happen, since she hardly been to her loft, only going there to get a change of clothes, and returning to Derek's loft to care for the three, when they came over, which was almost all the time.

At first, when Derek recruited the three, they settled at Railway depot, but Payton refused to make them stay at such a place and persisted to move to the lofts, and with many, many, complaints from Payton, he gave in, moving them to the lofts.

Payton was just sitting on the bed in a daze when it moved, she turned to Isaac who was getting up and she frowned at him," Isaac, what did I say about fighting? Who was it this time?"

He looked at her and frowned not saying anything as she crossed her arms narrowing her eyes," Are you really going to dare and give me the silent treatment?" He opened his mouth but then hesitated, not sure if he wanted to admit, that he fought with her cousin.

He looked at her glared and let out a sigh," Scott"

Isaac was prepared to get hit, or even get yelled at, but then again, he remembered Payton, did not ever harm them, but took care of them, much like a parent.

Instead of either of those, Payton just chuckled," What did my baby cousin and his partner in crime do to provoke you?" She said amused

"What? You— You're not mad?" Isaac asked carefully," Well, considering you are the one laying in the bed injured, and Derek, went to meet with Scott school, what is there to be mad about? Scott is fine and Stiles as well" Isaac who was fully healed now, got up from the bed letting out a sigh

"I have to go to school, I can't miss anymore"

"Then go change, and be at my loft for breakfast, and I'll drive you to school," Payton said as Isaac nodded his head, as she left Derek's loft to hers.