CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Payton needed to face reality, and stop hiding from her family, she needed to stop being afraid and selfish, thinking that staying away was keeping them safe when all she is doing is hurting them

Payton was walking the school hallways that was currently empty since the school was over for the day, but there was still lacrosse practice, so she decided to go there, and wait for the boys.

Derek was the one who pushed her to stop being so silly, and just deal with the fact, that she couldn't run forever, prior to her current standing.

Derek took her apartment key's saying she won't get it back until she talked to Scott.

She eventually reached the bleachers, leaning on the side as she watched the boy's practice. She first spotted Isaac, and she rolled her eyes at how he seemed too tired to even practice.

"Come on Isaac take the damn stick outta your ass and put more energy!!" Payton shouted and then cursed as she realized what she did.

The coach of the team turned back to her then laughed," I like you!! Lahey! Listen to the lady!!"

The boys in the team looked at Payton who had a palm on her face, while Stiles and Scott saw who it was, ignoring the practice running over to her, obviously coach yelling at them, but they ignored it. "Stilinski!!! McCall!! What the hell are you two doing!?" He shouted

"Payton!!" Scott shouted tackling Payton as she held on the bleachers to stop them from falling back, but it didn't help, when Stiles joined in crushing Payton below the two of them.

"If I didn't love either of you, I would have murdered you both!" Payton groaned while shouting at them, as they got off her as she laid in the grass trying to recover from two teenage boys who were taller than her, and wearing light gear making the weight even worse.

She huffed getting up dusting herself off glaring at the two grinning boys, which confused her, on why they weren't yelling or shouting, that she been MIA for months," Okay, did you two injure yourselves in practice? Because you are smiling when you should be getting mad at me"

"Stilinski! McCall!! Get your asses to the field, or else your both benched the entire season! You can chat with your lady friend after practice!" Coach Finstock shouted at the two boys who groaned.

"Go, I'll wait until your done, I'm Isaac's ride, so I have to wait anyways" Payton pushed them to the field

Isaac? Wh—"

I'll explain later, now go, practice" She cut off Stiles and Scott as she shoved them to the field.

"Isaac, if you don't try hard! You're walking home!" Payton yelled to the field, hearing some laughter from his teammates as he groaned. She smiled seeing that he started to put more effort into practice, and she felt accomplished.

Payton went to sit on the bleachers to wait for practice, when her phone rang, when she pulled it out of her pocket, seeing it was an Unknown number," Hello?" She picked it up, but then the smile on her face fell when she recognized the voice.