CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"No" Payton cried as she dropped her hands on his face hugging herself," This is all my fault" Derek watched her, as she started to hyperventilate, slowly turning into a panic attack

"Payton, breathe for me, in and out," Derek said to her as he sat on the bed holding her arms, but she kept getting worse, as he pulled her into his arms," I don't blame you, I did it because I wanted to Payton"

"Why?" She somehow muttered still unevenly breathing," Why did you do that for someone like me?" She sobbed as Derek pulled back leaning his forehead on hers

"Because I care about you Payton"

"You lost your powers because of me Derek" Payton stated as tears still fell down her face, and Derek raised his hands, wiping the tears

"Remember when I said 'I can't do this without you?' He questioned Payton seeing that her breathing was calming down, she nodded to his question.

"I didn't mean it, as being pack members, I meant it, as someone who kept me from giving up Payton, when I found Laura, I was determined to kill Peter to take his powers, if you never came, who knows what I would have done with it. At first, it was the only thing I cared about, but when you were by my side, my goal was no longer the same, I was living, because of you, I was not dwelling in the past, for once, I was moving forward, which is why I didn't hesitate to give up my Alpha status, all I wanted, all I cared about was not losing you" Derek peered into her eyes, not looking away.

Payton then realized it was the right moment "The reason I came to Beacon Hills, was to find the life I left behind, the life where I was happy, I had ran away from it, because I fell in love with my best friends little brother" Payton confessed, to Derek, she felt like it was betrayal to her friendship with Laura, but of course, her friend thought it was a ridiculous reason, if she loved her little brother, it meant they could end up as family.

"Are you an idiot?! If you love my brother, you two could have gotten married and then we could have been sisters, I mean we already are, but you could have been a Hale and—!!" Laura shouted to Payton as she laughed at her best friend who was now grumbling.

Derek did not need to speak, instead leaned forward, gently connecting his lips with Payton, startling her, but she accepted it, feeling the warmth and the connection as they, both felt a spark as their lips connected, it might just be a silly thing, but for them, it felt so right.

Derek pulled away slowly at lifted a hand caressing her cheek "You don't need to run anymore because I love you, Payton Dean"

"I love you Derek Hale" Payton responded as he smiled at her leaving in for another kiss, as he ran his hand through her hair, really making sure, that she was there, and alive.

Derek for once, since his tragic past, felt all the weight, and all the pain he endured, settle down, not drowning him from not expecting happiness, this was both Payton and Derek's second chance, together.