CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Since Payton's confession to Scott and Stiles, they both were determined to take the guy down, once they heard about her losing her child, immediately, the two, wanted to deal with him

For once, Payton didn't feel restricted into having the weight of hiding everything, the only person who knew everything was Laura, the only person who knew all her secrets, and the one advice she told Payton was," You are never alone"

When Laura told that to Payton, she had no idea what is truly meant. She thought it meant that there will always be people around, but what Laura meant, that no matter what life she lived, no matter her mistakes, there will always be people who will not care about them, and that's exactly what she was experiencing.

Just like Derek, who didn't judge the life she had, the same occurred to Scott and Stiles, all of them, including the rest of the pack, cared about Payton, and when she asked them for help, she had no idea, how much it helped her, how much it lifted the burden she had on her shoulders.

The strangest, occurrence happened, that lead to events where Cora Hale, who is Laura's and Derek's younger sister, who had been discovered to be alive, and not only that but apparently events led to Peter Hale also, being somehow resurrected.

Payton and everyone did not like Peter it was not secret, especially since he was what Lydia called him 'Satan in a v-neck' he was useful to them. Payton did get her share of beating the life out of him, which Derek happily obliged to.

All the fun and games, ended with Marcus Devans a man with money, who would tear down anyone with it, just like how most of the world worked, if you had the cash, you were almost invincible, you'd think the supernatural were the ones who would be the issue, no, it was just a mere human.

Payton had been taken hostage, by the man, and somehow, he knew about werewolves and had poisoned her with mistletoe. She was held captive for a few days, meanwhile, the Pack kept searching for her.

"You are a sick bastard you know that?" Payton spat weakly as she laid on the floor in an iron cage, as Marcus sat on a chair just outside of it smirking at her.

"Keep fighting darling, the poison will only work faster" He mused as Payton grit her teeth, as she felt the poison take over, and she was barely clinging on her life, which was surprising to her, was how she was still alive, maybe it was her strong will to live, or maybe Marcus was holding back, to make it a slow and painful death.

Marcus reached into the cage yanking the chain that was shackled on her neck, pulling her forward as she slumped against the iron bars," A werewolf, honestly, that fits your personality, I thought about selling you to some science freaks, but I think I enjoy watching you slowly fade into demise, oh how beautiful it suits you"

Payton spit on his face as he pulled the chain in anger slamming her face to the bars, but she did not let out a pained shout, she bit her tongue, knowing that he wanted to hear her scream.

"Maybe I'll inject more mistletoe, so that you won't move an inch" He spat as he threw her back, leaving the room. Payton was dying, she could feel it, her body was falling into darkness.