CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Why the fuck are you calling me you bastard?" Payton spat gritting her teeth hearing the voice of her ex-husband Marcus Devans

"Oh, my sweet Payton, I heard you left New York, and went back to Beacon Hills"

Payton's face paled at his information," How the hell did you know that?"

"Because, I have a lot of connections, my dearest, so tell me, did you really think you can run?" Payton gripped her phone, almost crushing it, as she let out a snarl

" I didn't run you asshole, you should be in prison, how the hell did you get out? You had 20 years"

Marcus chuckled," Sweetheart, did you really think I was not going to find a way to get out? I have money, and you know that, especially since you loved that part of me, the only thing you could ever love, money"

"If you take even one step in Beacon Hills, don't think I won't hesitate to kill you" Payton muttered as she hung up her phone, feeling her self-control weaken, so she got out of the bleachers, away from prying eyes to calm herself down.

She ran towards her car getting inside, gripping her steering wheel as her phone rang again after a while, she picked up shouting," WHAT!?"

"Whoa, okay, called at the wrong time?"

Payton closed her eyes, letting out a breath," Sorry Derek, what's up?"

"Isaac called me, he said you ran off at the bleachers, and he saw your eyes and heard you on the phone with someone"

Payton furrowed her brows," That was literally a few minutes ago"

"No, that was a few hours ago, Payton" She almost dropped her phone, looking at the sky that was setting, she had not realized how much time passed, when it felt like only minutes.

"Well shit" Payton muttered hearing Derek chuckle lightly on the phone

"Are you calm now?"

"Y-Yeah, I am...I'll go check the boys" Payton hung up the phone getting out of the car, she realized one thing, as soon as she heard Derek's voice, she calmed down, but what scared her was the time that went by, her anger was so bad, that she didn't even realize it was much longer than it felt like.

"Payton? Are you okay?" She snapped her head up looking at the four boys approaching her.

The one who questioned her was Boyd," Yeah, just— I, didn't realize that much time passed, does that usually happen when you get angry?" Payton turned to the three werewolves out of the four.

Scott scratched his head," Well, not for me, at least, but Derek did say everyone handles there emotions differently" Boyd and Isaac nodded in agreement.

"Was that, someone we should worry about?" Isaac questioned as she looked at him furrowing her brows

"Did you listen in my phone call?" he nodded his head and the four all stared at her curious," I hope he's not going to be a problem"