CHAPTER THREE

Payton was left stranded in the middle of the forest, holding her injured shoulder as she groaned in pain

What in the world did she get herself into?

She meets a stranger—decides for a quick fling, then ends up in the woods being bitten by the man who was some man-creature?

She did not care about the supernatural, and she did not even bother believing it, but the red eyes and the animalistic features the man had, sure as hell had her speechless, and now she was, probably going to die, with the excruciating pain in her shoulder.

She grits her teeth as she held the wound standing up, struggling.

"Good job Payton, out of all the men in the bar, you had to go with this one, Peter Hale, why does that name sound so familiar" She mumbled as she walked through the forest weakly.

Her mind was too hazy and she was still in shock at the sudden events, as she went straight for her home, not bothering to go to a hospital, unsure how to explain what exactly caused the affliction

"Oh a man's eyes grew red, and sharp teeth as he bit me, yeah they'll think I'm on drugs" She spat sarcastically gripping her wound as she walked through the empty streets of Beacon Hills.

Upon arriving at home, she discarded her clothes just sporting her undergarments, and laid on the couch exhausted, not even bothering to take care of the wound.

She was in too much pain, and the alcohol in her system was making her drowsy as her eyes slowly closing as sleep took over.

It was morning, and Payton woke up to the ear-piercing sound of music that filled her ears, as she fell off her sofa gritting her teeth. She lifted her head trying to remember what happened, and hope it was a dream, but immediately debunked that when she saw her bloody shoulder, and sweater that was laying on the floor across the room.

She snapped her head to her shoulder, checking her wound, but as she touched it, she realized it was not there, no bite marks, nothing, it was just dry blood.

"What the hell?!" She cursed loudly standing up not feeling any pain, from the wound but her head, from her possible hangover. She took it in for a few moments, that what happened in the woods, did happen, it was not some nightmare.

Payton eyed her laptop suspiciously not wanting to rely on the internet for answers, but who could she turn to, that wouldn't send her away like a mental escapee from an asylum.

She groaned as she walked to her restroom for a shower, to wash off the dirt, grime and blood on her body.

When she entered the shower, her body felt hot, as the water ran down her body, something was definitely happening to her, the ear-piercing music she heard, that was not currently present, unless she focused, to the loud streets outside her apartment, her hearing was enhanced, and that she couldn't deny.

After a few hours in the shower, she had been dreading the thought of spending her Saturday morning, on the internet searching for supernatural knowledge, which she thought was ridiculous, but she couldn't be in denial, she had to face it.