CHAPTER TWO

Payton had rented an apartment in downtown at Beacon Hills, mainly because it suited her taste, and she liked the loft style of a home, where space was definitely the main feature

Payton had rented an apartment in downtown at Beacon Hills, mainly because it suited her taste, and she liked the loft style of a home, where space was definitely the main feature. Also, it was almost similar to her apartment in New York, and she needed some reminisce of her old place—despite there being a lot of bad memories.

A week living in the apartment building, it was odd for Payton, that she had never met her own proprietor, since moving in.

All she knew, was that the owner lived on the highest floor, and even then, she has never run across him in the apartment complex, in fact, she hardly saw any of her neighbours. It was really rare, almost as if there were only 3 people in the entire huge building.

It was a Friday night, and She decided to spend it a local bar, the thing about Payton Dean, was that she had the worst luck in men.

It had been her problem for many years, especially in New York—divorced, affairs with married men, and even men who turned out to be criminals, it was like a curse for her.

Payton walked into the bar, and sat alone at the counter just drinking by herself when the seat next to her was then occupied," What is a pretty woman like yourself doing spending he Friday night all alone?" Payton turned her head to an attractive older man, who was smirking at her.

"Maybe I like spending my time alone," Payton said amused to the man, as he leaned forward, on the table, the first sign of flirting, and the rest of the night, of being closer, both intoxicated, and nearly touching hands.

It was getting heated between the pair, as they both left the bar walking side by side, and still continuing the flirting, almost like she was in a trance, not in control of her legs, the two ended up in a forest, not that she was aware of, and the male crashed his lips into hers, and she obliged.

The two leaning on a tree as the kiss got intense, but what Payton had not noticed, was that this man, had to be the worse option, for a fling. He was far worse than any other men she had hooked up with previously.

Payton Dean was not a woman who cared about how she seemed to others, if she hooked up with men just for flings, so be it, it was what she liked to do.

It was not like she didn't believe in love, no she did, she believed in it very much, but just because she did, doesn't mean she had to be a saint, and only be with a man who gave her that, she had her needs.

The two adults kissing, did not go any further, since the male, had other options for this woman, he could use her, and at the right moment, when he pulled back as she was dazed, he looked into her eyes, as his turned red, snapping Payton out of her daze.

The male's fine face, turning into an animalistic wolf-like feature as he yanked the hair of Payton pulling down her sweater revealing her shoulder, and bit into it, with his fangs.

She let out a blood-curdling scream that filled the forest around her as the male bit into her flesh. He dropped the woman to the ground as she groaned in pain looking at the male

"Peter Hale, remember that sweetheart, I gave you a gift" With those words, he left her alone as she held her shoulder.