CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Payton had spent a few hours with Stiles and Scott, explaining what she had been doing for the past months, and how she been taking care of Erica, Boyd, and Isaac since they been bitten

"I know, I already lectured Derek about dragging them into it, but you know him, he is stubborn, what he thinks is right, is right" Payton chuckled as she sat on Stiles' bed with Scott and Stiles at his wall.

"So, babysitting basically" Stiles added putting his hands on his hips, as he raised his eyebrows amused, Payton threw a pillow to him and huffed

"Hey, I joke about it, but I like taking care of them, they are good kids!" She argued playfully

"How are you on full moons?" Scott turned to her as she let out a frustrated groan

"Horrible! If Derek isn't around making me talk his head off, I lose control"

Stiles and Scott looked at each other than to her gaping," Is Derek your anchor?" Stiles blurted out as Payton's face turned red immediately making her defensive

"What?! No— No!.no..." Payton scrunched her nose unsure herself and then she slapped a palm to her face," Oh my god, he is, isn't he"

Scott put an arm over Payton's shoulder chuckling," That's something huh? Who what have thought?" He teased her

Payton growled shoving her cousin off the bed," Watch it, McCall"

"Hey Payton, about that phone call, is everything really, all right?" Stiles walking over grabbing his chair to sit in front of her," You know you can talk to us, and Derek"

Payton looked at the boys hesitant on dragging them into her affairs, Marcus knew she was in Beacon Hills, and who knows what else he knows, he has contacts here, so it's highly likely that her just talking to the pair right now, was risky.

They were both still just high school boys, in school, the last she needed was for them to stress over it when they already have so much on their plates since Scott got bitten.

Trouble, will always be there issue, for who knows how long, but maybe getting rid of this one sooner, meant it'll be easier to deal with, but then again, she had the pack to think about, she was the one who took care of them daily, and if something happened to her, she didn't want them to fall apart.

Payton came to Beacon Hills for one reason, and she did not want her problems from New York to transfer to her hometown, so for once, Payton needed to deal with relying on her family and friends, and ask for help, her pride had to be put down, because dealing with it on her own, isn't always the answer.

"Marcus Devans, my ex-husband" Payton admitted, as she told the boys her life in New York, just like she told Derek, everything. She couldn't hide the truth, and she needed them to hear the things she went through because if they were going to help her, they couldn't do it blindly.

For once, Payton did not take her father's advice and relied on others, which was probably what she always needed to do, she needed help, and this time, she had to ask for it.