Part 25

"Arnavji" Khushi slowly knocked his door. When she didn't have any response, she carefully entered his room. There she saw him sitting on the edge of his bed with his elbows resting on his knees and head hung down. It pained her a lot as her Arnavji... who is known for his powerful aura... now looks so helpless and weak... She slowly sat beside him and didn't utter anything.

"I couldn't protect her Khushi... am a bloody failure..." he held his fists and looked at her. She can see the pain and anger in his eyes. "Arnavji" she said softly looking at him in concern. "He kept betraying her... us... and I was so blind with the fake affection he showered on her... I couldn't do anything to protect her... now she's in this situation... she's so hurt inside but trying to cover up with a brave face... her baby... how we longed for the baby... now I couldn't even cherish it fully..." he was clearly upset. "Arnavji... please..." she held his elbow and said "please don't blame yourself.... It's not your fault... You need to be strong for Anjali di and her baby... she's our angel..." They both stared at each other.

"Khushi... that night too I couldn't do anything when that incident happened to me and di" he continued while his eyes are so red in anger. She kept calm and listened to him. Then he told her how he listened to his parents conversation... how his mom found out about his dad's affair with someone else... how she couldn't digest it as she truly loved his dad.. how she took her life with a bullet... how his dad blamed himself and committed suicide... everything...

Khushi felt his pain. She knew that his parents are no more... but she never even thought that they ended their lives so terribly... She can get now why he is so cold... She looked his eyes which never left hers. "All I know is that... that woman and my father both killed my mother" he stressed the word "mother" indicating how furious he's still. "Arnavji" she interlocked her fingers with his. Her eyes showing his pain and he could see it clearly.

He wants to pour everything to her. So he continued "I know that woman came to see my father after he committed suicide but I have never seen her face... Everything changed that night Khushi..." he halted a bit. Then "I was a kid but I still promised di that I will take care of everything... but I failed damn it..." he yelled. She didn't say a word and allowed him to spill whatever is bothering deep inside his heart. She is in a way happy that he's opening up with her which will make his heavy heart to heal slowly. His words interrupted her thoughts "Di got married and with whom... Shyam... now whenever I see him... he will remind me of my dad... he betrayed di same way my dad betrayed my mother..." he was breathing heavily in anger looking at the floor.

When he saw her... her eyes are welled up and she couldn't meet his eyes... He felt guilty that somehow he had made her to blame herself for this suffering. He was right and her tears rolled over her cheeks.

"Khushi..." he held her chin... "Look at me Khushi..." his words made her to see him blurrily. "Am sorry Arnavji... Please forgive me... it's all because of me... if I didn't went to Sheesh Mahal... this would have never happened" she closed her eyes and more tears found their way. "Hey... it's not your fault Khushi... he cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears gently. She opened her eyes and looked at him. "Khushi..." his voice showed how much he is in love with her "Seeing you in Sheesh Mahal... is the best feel I have ever got... you made me feel human again... you are my everything Khushi... so stop blaming... also never ever think low that I hesitated to take your hands... you know it's not about you... I worried about di..." her finger made him to stop. "I know Arnavji... I trust you... I will always trust you..." with that she hugged him tightly resting her head on his chest. "I love you Khushi..." saying this he kissed her forehead making her to smile with a blush. They had their silent moment for a while.

Then she pulled from his warmth with much difficulty. He searched her face only to find it's so red. He smirked thinking about his effect and also how she makes him feel light with all the things going around. "Hmmm Arnavji..." she looked at him. "Yes Khushi..." with his cute lopsided smile making her to blush even more. She lowered her gaze and said "We need to go down... they will be waiting".

"Okay..." with that he stood. Khushi thought to move fast but he held her wrist and pulled her to him which made her to crash his hard chest as usual. She looked him with a heavy breathe. He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Thanks for coming into my life... Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada" he teased her while she stood wide eyed remembering the way he addressed her. "Now let's go" he dragged her along with him.

Note: Hey guys... so how did it go... is it okay... waiting for your responses guys... Thanks for your wonderful support and so lovely words... am really moved... thanks again guys... love u loads. As I said in the beginning... this story will have bits of its original scenes along with my imagination... so I hope you guys will enjoy it...

Kalai...