Part 29

For how long they remained in that kissing still, they didn't know as they both jerked when they heard throat clearing sounds. There stood Akash wide eyed while Payal was trying to control her smile. Both Akash and Payal never thought that Arnav will be this romantic.

"Jiji..." Khushi started awkwardly but Payal beat her by telling them that everything is ready for the ritual and they needed to be there. Arnav pulled Khushi and walked past them as if they didn't get caught for anything. Both Akash and Payal smiled at them following their lead. The ritual started with Arnav and Khushi as he's elder to Akash, sitting opposite to each other with a netted cloth dividing them. They stared at each other with a smile and the ritual went well followed by Akash and Payal pair.

In the meantime, Dadi along with Anjali got dharshan in temple and they walked out. Anjali knew what is waiting for her. Just like she guessed Shyam is waiting for them. She stiffened for a moment but relaxed herself and faced him with confidence which he never have seen in her. "Dadi ji" Shyam touched her feet. "Hmmm... what is going on Dhamad ji" she questioned him. "Dadi... whatever Chote told you... that is what happened" Anjali interrupted with a stern reply. "Anjali... am asking him" Dadi glared her. Anjali turned her face away from them. Shyam watched Anjali's face and looked at Dadi "Dadi ji... am so ashamed that I betrayed both Anjali and Khushi ji" he lowered his face in guilt and continued "I was wrong... and it was too late when I realized my mistake... Whatever the punishment am willing to take it... as I deserved more for hurting my family who trusted me blindly" he looked at Dadi. "Is that the same Khushi... Arnav is going to marry" even though Arnav has clearly explained she wanted to confirm it. Shyam nodded "Khushi ji... is innocent... all my fault".

Now Dadi looked at Anjali and asked "Now what you are going to do". "Whatelse Dadi... I need a divorce from this man... I want to raise my child peacefully" Anjali said boldly. It really surprised both Dadi and Shyam. "Anjali... don't blabber... will you survive without him" she asked her. "Dadi... am not blabbering... yes..." Anjali said a bit harshly controlling her tears... its not time for her tears... now its time to defend her and her baby. "What's the difference between you and your mother" Dadi was rude. It is always a sensitive topic for both Anjali and Arnav. "Dadi... my mother and I both loved our husbands blindly... only thing is my mother couldn't digest it... while am strong then her which am realizing now... we are going to survive this" she said with gritted teeth while touching her belly. Dadi is truly taken aback with her reply. "Anjali... I will do whatever you want... even its divorce... but please let me watch you and our baby from a distant... I won't bother you guys... I promise... I just want to be a part at least from a distant" he is totally defeated. "Dadi... we are getting late" with this Anjali walked with head held high. Dadi followed her as if she's seeing a different granddaughter.

When they both reached Gupta house, the ritual was over and everyone were chatting happily. "She's here" Nani hurried to them and introduced her to Shashi and Madumathi. When she looked around for Garima... they heard a plate shattering with its things in the floor. It was Garima who looked as if she has seen a ghost. "What the hell are you doing here" Dadi pounced to her angrily while Garima backed away from her in deep fear.

"What happened... She's Garima ji... Payal and Khushi's mother" Nani said to her. "Are you so blind... how could you fix this marriage with her daughters... when she itself is the reason for your precious daughter's death" Dadi yelled at Nani. "What are you talking about" Nani is clearly taken aback and looked at both Dadi and Garima - who is crying like anything. "Am saying that she's the reason behind your daughter's and my son's death" Dadi glared at Garima with a disgusting look too.

"It can't be" Nani was stunned on seeing Garima's reaction which showed them that it's the truth. Arnav and Anjali felt speechless. All the others stood rooted to the ground. Payal couldn't get what was happening while Khushi's eyes had tears which are watching the reaction of her love – Arnavji. She knew how he will feel right now.