part 17

Nicky and Lily spent Christmas all loved up. As weeks passed and New Year's drew close, things continued positively Lily had now been at Litchfield for a year. Lily and Nicky spent all their time together. They relied on each other to get through. Nicky was starting to forget how she was ever happy without Lily in her life. However, Although Lily and Nicky were soulmates, there were still parts of each other that were unknown. That part was drugs. Lily knew that she had been an addict, and that it had gotten bad in her past, however she had never met that side of her girlfriend, and she didn't want to. She had heard from Red that it affected her personality for the worse.
Lily had noticed that when Nicky approached her she would be more aggressive. Nicky would hold onto her wrist tightly when around the family and when alone she would push her around slightly like a rag doll, it was possessive and Lily didn't like it, she would say "Nicky be gentle seriously," she would then apologize quietly to repeat herself the next day.

In the New Year, there were a few changes to the prison, Lily had a new bunk due to the increase in inmates, now she was roomed with Alex, Boo and Soso. She was also assigned a new job as van driver as Lorna had stepped down. Also through the month of January Nicky suddenly seemed to change even more. She was more distant, and spent less time with her girlfriend. Lily hated this, but she decided to let Nicky have her space, it seemed as though when they did speak, they usually argued about silly topics. Nicky always started these arguments.
"Lil, you've been spending so much time with that CO I mean what the fuck, are you fucking or something"
the allegation was ridiculous however Lily had been talking more often to CO Franco, he was one of her close friends, truthfully Lily spoke to him when Nicky pissed her off which was frequently. He was kind and smiley, she needed positivity around her which she wasn't getting from her girlfriend recently
She replied with a flat tone "Nicky don't be ridiculous"
"You can't see him anymore"
"Oh so now it's up to you who I spend time with! Listen to yourself Jesus!" Lily got out of her grip and left the cube.

One day, as it was snowing, Lily took a walk around the garden, wrapped in warm clothes. She had brought a tea with her that warmed her hands. She had always loved the snow, the way it sparkled and how the areas with no footprints looked like a blanket. She was deep in thought about Nicky and how she had changed, she couldn't deny that it was making her unhappy, it couldn't continue. As she stood calmly breathing in the icy air she heard footsteps coming towards her, she turned to see Nicky, pacing quickly with a weird grin. She came close to Lily , paused for a moment and then shoved her hand down her pants without warning. The tea spilt and burnt her hand.
"Woah Nicky fucking hell!" Nicky didn't stop, she moved her fingers desperate for sexual attention
"Come on, I'm horny don't be boring." Lily pulled away from Nicky and gave her a shocked look, her eyes widened. Nicky had never been this forceful before, what happened to the respect and patience she once had? Lily crossed her arms over her chest, she was angry. She began to raise her voice.
"What so I'm just your fuck toy to use when you're horny? Without my consent? Fuck off."
Nicky then had rage in her eyes as she suddenly pushed Lily against a fence harshly. She started to yell,

"Playing hard to get? You think your special? You would be fucking nothing without me, I don't need you. FUCK YOU."

As she pulled away and stomped back inside, Lily's eyes spiked with tears, she had never been so horrified, confused and hurt at the same time. Lily managed to avoid Nicky for the rest of the day, and she struggled to sleep that night.