Part 27

Lily had never been to max, she had only heard of it from other inmates. Nicky had described it as 'just like the Hamptons, only fucking horrible.' As the iron bars opened to release her into D block, every single inmate stared at her. "Great," she thought "I'm the new girl again." As she found her assigned cube she scoped out the area, everyone was still staring at her. She saw that there were multiple stories of dorms around the side of the block, in the middle were tables that must be the cafeteria. It seemed as though there were groups, or maybe they were gangs.

Suddenly her eyes were drawn to a straight haired Latina that Lily instantly recognised as Bonnie. One of Lily's best friends that also got caught for the bling ring, as their getaway driver. Lily's heart lit up as she thought she would never see her again.

"BONNIE"

The girl's head whipped round and immediately squealed, she ran to Lily and engulfed her in a massive hug, The ring was so close, Bonnie and Lily were practically sisters. The whole room watched as they recognised Lily as the ring leader of the famous group.

 The whole room watched as they recognised Lily as the ring leader of the famous group

Suddenly as they pulled apart, the room erupted into a cheer. Everyone admired the two for their crimes, the bling ring was one of the most impressive cases they had ever seen. D block now housed two celebrities as far as they were concerned. People crowded around Lily and spoke to her in admiration, she heard,

"Oh my god, you're Lily Milan, I love you,"

"I followed your case on TV"

"You're even hotter in person"

Lily laughed at the unexpected attention, Bonnie spoke loud to the group,

"Guys give her some space!" Lily smiled as the crowd began to disperse. Bonnie pulled her aside, she gave Lily another hug and then sat down, patting the space next to her.

"Lily, my god have I missed you. We have so much to talk about, Oh my gosh how have you been! What are you doing here?"

Lily smiled before saying, "I'm doing okay, and I fucked up at camp that's why I'm here."

"Yeah me too, whoever is in charge here really fucked up by putting us in the same block."

They both laughed, Lily was so happy to have someone here that she knew, she would have struggled if she didn't.

"Oh Lily, you will never guess what."

"What?"

"You know Sylvie Crew? The scapegoat for the Manhattan house? She is here, in D block."

Lily's heart dropped, this would be awkward, Bonnie pointed subtly to a woman in the corner of the room.

"Fuck, Bonnie, have you spoken to her?"

"Lily this is no different to any of our other scapegoats, chill."

"Um, Bon, this is very different, this time we are in prison with her. We have to see her every day."

Bonnie shot a sympathetic look at Lily, maybe she wasn't as tough as she used to be. The girls spent the day catching up on every detail of the years they had spent separated, occasionally other inmates would come to the table and introduce themselves. Lily met a Latina woman known as 'Daddy' and her minions, who were the dealers. Daddy winked at Lily and called her 'baby' within the first two minutes of meeting. She also met a woman called 'Barb', who seemed to be the queen bee. Bonnie told Lily everything she needed to know about the block, and how the prison worked, it seemed very different to her previous home, this worried her a little. Lily's Bunkie was Daddy. That night, Lily fell asleep with thoughts of Nicky all over her mind.

The next few days consisted of Lily adjusting to being in maximum security prison. She discovered that the food was disgusting, there was no entertainment, and that C block and D block hated each other. Daddy seemed to already be obsessed with Lily, although Lily had made it clear from the offset that she wasn't interested.

"Morning, mami, looks like you got your beauty sleep."

Lily groaned, "Incorrect, I slept awfully, these beds are so uncomfortable."

"Well I'm sorry to tell you this princess, but this aint no palace, you'll have to get used to that."

Lily smiled and made her way to breakfast, "seeya!"

As she was about to leave through the corridor. A broad guard shoved past her, he towered over Lily, and scowled down at her with a scary look, he had a handsome face, reminding Lily of some sort of rugby player.

"Watch it, inmate Milan." Lily was confused, how did he know her name? But then he realised there must be some kind of file. She mumbled a quick "sorry" before continuing down the hall. When she reached Bonnie, she asked,

"Jeez, who was that?"

Bonnie replied excitedly, "He's hot right? That's C.O Denzel."

That same day, Lily was stood talking to Bonnie when she felt a firm hand grip her arm, she was yanked around to see C

That same day, Lily was stood talking to Bonnie when she felt a firm hand grip her arm, she was yanked around to see C.O Denzel staring at her closely with rage. He held a packet of sweets in his hand.

"This is contraband inmate, THAT'S A SHOT"

"What the hell?! That's not even mine!" Lily wasn't lying, she had never seen the packet in her life

"Are you disrespecting an officer Inmate Milan? That's ANOTHER SHOT!" The guard was digging his nails harshly into Lily's arm, when he finally left and stomped away there were prominent bruises left from his strong grip. She was left a little in shock, so was Bonnie.