part 19

Lily found the next few days hard, she didn't see Nicky much, she didn't eat or sleep well. Lily was strolling to the toilet as she saw Norma, Piper, Red, Boo and Poussey stood at the doorway, as she got closer she realised they all had sorrow written all over their faces. Lily immediately assumed the worst. Hearing moans coming from inside the bathroom, she looked around the group, some mouthed 'I'm sorry' whilst Poussey brought Lily into a hug. The sounds were definitely Nicky, she knew them all too well. She was being cheated on, the woman that Lily had fallen in love with was now having sex with someone else. Poussey whispered into her hair "it's okay, it's okay", but of course it wasn't , nothing was okay anymore.

Lily walked away in disbelief, her heart shattering at the thought that Nicky had truly moved on, the thought of her head between another girl's thighs was stuck in her head. She knew Nicky was different due to the heroin, but this was no excuse, she knew it would break Lily yet she did it anyway. Lorna waited at the end of the corridor- she had also seen what was going on in the bathroom and knew how much Lily would be hurting. She enveloped Lily into her arms and hugged her tight, feeling her frame shake as she sobbed into her beige top. Lorna stroked her hair hushing her slightly,

"I'm worried about you petal," her accent brushing against Lily's ear. Lily pulled away and stared into the distance, her eyes still glassy. She took a deep breath,

"This is starting to hurt too much" she wobbled, and then she shook her head and walked away from Lorna. She began to head down the hallway until she found Maritza, one of Lily's friends. Lily thought Maritza was too ditzy to have a real conversation with, however she was fun. By the time she approached Maritza her tears had dried.

"Maritza I need a really big favour," she began, "can you give me your shifts this week?" both Lily and Maritza shared the job of driving the prison van, usually their shifts were shared in half but Lily needed as much time away from the prison and Nicky as she could get. "I'll pay you, 6 coke cans, and 2 Chocolate bars" Lily pleaded. Maritza smiled and was pleased with the offer, 6 cans of coke was worth double what she would have been paid for her week's shifts.

"Girl, of course" this made Lily smile ever so slightly. Maritza didn't need to ask the reason, it had become common knowledge that Nicky was treating Lily awfully. Everyone thought it was ridiculous considering how lucky Nicky was; Lily was drop dead gorgeous in every way, her heart was pure and she made everyone laugh. Everyone was aware of how much Nicky had fucked up to lose someone like Lily.

 Everyone was aware of how much Nicky had fucked up to lose someone like Lily