Chapter 8>>

"They want silent killer"

My jaw literally hits the floor after hearing Jay mutter those words.

But that's my nickname! So they want me?

Not many people know my real name, but almost every body in this world knows who silent killer is.
Reason being that I always leave my signature mark in form of a note, beside each body I kill. The note contains nothing less than two words; 'Silent Killer'

It does sound cliché

"Here", he says, handing me a bullet proof vest.

"But why does he want me? How did he know I'm in Rome?", I say receiving the vest from him.

"It so happened that one of his hooligans was on the same plane you boarded here"

"But why does he want me?"

"You're the most feared assassin who is also extremely beautiful, who wouldn't want you?"

"You?"

"Haha! Believe me when I say it's only a matter of time!" He says chuckling and I just pretend to blush. My charm seems to have started warming its way into the heart of the most revered Mafia. Good job, Jem!

"So what's our next move?" I ask really concerned.

"Nothing! It's likely whoever is coming to attack me will locate my room. So I'm gonna pretend to be asleep while you hide in the closet over there", he says pointing at the supposed closet.

"What if they're more than two?"

"That's why you're hiding in the closet!"

He explains before moving towards the bed, probably to put his plan into action.

"What are you still staring at? Go already!", he whispers fiercely.

This is a terrible idea.

I go to the closet and lock my self in it. From the peephole, I see him turning off the bedside lamp and pulls the bed cover over his head.
I silently pray that everything works out fine.

My hand unconsciously goes to the black chain I was given by Alan. Oh fuck! I have completely forgotten I was wearing one...

All of a sudden I hear gunshots. Oh My Gosh! Anita is outside and I hope it isn't her that is hit.

Just then, the bedroom door creaks open slowly and since my sight is limited to just the peephole, I can't see who it is.

Not long after, the room becomes hazy like a fog. Whoever entered must have filled the room with tear gas. I can't see a damn thing.

I hope Jay is okay. He is my kill and no one else. From the little space I'm limited to, I glance around the closet and find a piece of camouflage bandanna. I use it to wrap around my nose and I come out of the closet.

I use my right hand to hold the gun and my left hand to hold my dagger.

I slowly walk out of the closet and I stealthily move towards the bed. My eyes begin to water from the irritation of the gas.

Just then, a very muscular arm wraps around my neck and I begin gasping for air. The more I struggle for air, the more the arm tightens around my neck. The room begins to become clear and my sight slowly adjusts to the environment.

In my state, I see another one of them dragging Jay out of the room. I begin to fade into subconsciousness.

'They are going to kill Jay', my thought registers and that realization brings me back to reality.