Chapter 10

I bring out the business card that was given to me by Dennis the other day and scan through it.

I decide to take a cab to the address. While in the cab, I clutch the black chain Alan gave to me and shut my eyes.

Be strong, coz all you're to do is to kill and not get killed coz what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but what kills you leaves you dead forever.

"We have arrived Madame! ", the cab driver says in a deep Latin accent. I check the cab mirror and scatter my hair, I tear my shorts with my hair pin.

Boy are those things dangerous!

"What are you staring at? ", I ask the odd looking man. He doesn't reply and just turns his head away.

Weird!

I pay him and tell him to keep the change. As I walk out of the cab, I force myself not to gawk too much at the gigantic building or should I say office?

I enter the building and walk straight to the receptionist, trying hard to avoid the stares. I glance at my reflection on the window and try not to rush back out.

Apart from the fact that I don't look like Jem but look like Amber, I'm horrible looking.

I have to go through this humiliation and embarrassment just for Alan and Jon. But that's the problem, when it comes to those two, I don't mind. Heck I'll climb on mount Everest just to see them smile.

"Um, excuse me the zoo is still a long way from here"

The shrill voice of the receptionist brings put of my thoughts.

"Uh! ", I say not getting the gist until few seconds later and I began scowling.

Act cool, you have got to act like an Orphan.

"Please I'm here to see Dennis Saunders", I state through clenched teeth and balled fist.

"He doesn't have business with Animals", the receptionist says so coolly my fist tightened the more.

I've had it!

"Um... No offence intended but I'm looking for Shrek", I say through forced cool act.

"He's in the movies silly and why do you need to see that ugly thing! Wanna trade faces with him?"

She says this while snorting in the name of laughing. I just smile before answering;

"Actually no, he only sent me to collect his face back from you! "

"Burn!!", one of the workers said and others began laughing.

I managed a small smirk at the receptionist's red face.

"What on mother earth is going in here? ", the deep voice of Dennis echoes through the hall as all the other standby workers hurried to their posts.

"It's no issue sir, I'm only telling this animal that...."

Wham.

Everywhere becomes quiet that I could literally hear the heart beat of every single fucking body.

"Never in your dreams or reality talk to my guest in that manner if not you'll go hungry for life"

Dennis shouts at the receptionist holding her cheeks from the obviously hot slap.

He turns to me and holds my hand...

"Are you okay? ", he asks looking at my eyes.

"Yes, I don't know what I did to Shrek face to get so much insult ", I say so innocently while pointing at the receptionist and everyone bursts into laughter, including Dennis.