Chapter 27

"Where are we going?", Marcus asks for the hundredth time since this morning. He hasn't changed from his curious self one bit.

"Just keep quiet and put this on", I say handing him the blindfold.

"Am I safe?", he jokingly asks
"Nah! I'm taking you to get eaten by crocodiles", I reply in a matter of fact tone but with his raised eyebrow, I soon burst out laughing.

"Just trust me okay?", I finally manage to say between laughs.

"Alan are you coming?", I yell his name and out comes the most handsome creature God has ever created.

"I wouldn't miss the fun", he says grabbing me by the waist and placing a kiss on my fore head.

"Don't you dare embarrass me like you did yesterday", I say leaning into his touch.

"Did I embarrass you yesterday?"

"You threw up! Mafias don't throw up"

"How many times Jem, I don't want to take after my father, if anything, you're most likely going to take after him"

"I know! But you're a tracker Mafia and..."

"Ahem! If I stay too long behind this blindfold, I might end up temporarily blind", Marcus states in a matter of fact tone.

"Right let's go!"

I say, intertwining my fingers with his and leading him out of the house. We walk over to the other side of the house where the cell is, we begin descending the flight of stairs. Alan and I had to hold on to Marcus firmly, to prevent him from falling.

"Where are we Jem?, I smell a great stench of blood"

"Shh! Any minute now, you'll see"

Once in front of Ava, mother and dad, I pause. They all stand up and come forward to the iron bars.

"Were they fed after yesterday's massacre?", I turn to Alan for answer and he brushes my hair in response before actually nodding.
The captives make move to talk but I shush them up with a cold glare.

"Okay! Remove the blindfold"

Marcus slowly removes the blindfold and is met face to face with me.

"Is this a dungeon?", he asks staring at me and at the burning pit.

"Turn around"

I fiercely state and he stares down at me apprehensively before making a slow turn.

"What the fuck Jem!", he exclaims and turns around. He picks me up and swirls me around before putting me down.

"I see one is dickless, one is wristless and the other is earless", Marcus states with a smug look on his face and gives me a high five.

"You should have seen the way she did it, it was brutal", Alan says struggling, probably recalling yesterday's event. I smirk evilly.

"Mr Valerian, Mrs Valerian, Ava, this is..."

"MARCUS!"

They yell in unison.
"Good job on recognizing him"

"It can't be! We threw him in the water, he should have been dead" Mrs Valerian yells in frustration. She begins to gasp for breath

"How's it possible?", Ava asks, obviously stunned while Mr Valerian bends down to weep.

What did she say?", Marcus asks not understanding a thing. I laugh! Right, I put hot coal in her mouth so her speech will be muffled, almost hard to understand.