Chapter 22

"Hurry up Jem the meeting starts in like an hour".

"I know! Just give me five minutes"

I finally decide to put on a camouflage camisole, a black, leather, pants and black, leather Jacket accompanied by a pair white sneakers. I pack my hair up in a bun and put on gold earrings and bangles. I apply zero make up except for a lip gloss. Now I'm ready!

"Jem! I..."

"Hold your balls man I'm here!", I retort as I come down the flights of stairs.

"Good! Now let's go. I suppose you want to drive?"

"Sure!", I gleefully state as I snatch the car keys away from his hands.

"Are you excited about this meeting Jem?", Jay asks as I bring the car's engine back to life and zoom off the front porch.

"Totally! I finally get the chance to see Jon after three months. Three months Jay!"

"Yeah! Any ideas why Godfather called this meeting?"

"Besides the fact that it's usually around this time of the year we hold our second out of meetings? No!"

I excitedly say as I swerve into a sharp U turn and go straight for the bridge but got intercepted by a huge tanker. Out of frustration, I throw my middle finger in the air at the driver. Mother fucker should go to a driving school.

"Amica Mea?"

"I'll pretend like you never said that", I say still furrowing my brows in concentration at the road.

"Don't you think it's odd Godfather wants to see all Mafias just immediately after we captured Selena?"

"Did you do something wrong Jay? I mean, you didn't think it wrong when Godfather held the third meeting of last year right after I captured the most wanted assassin!"

"You're right I'm just being paranoid" he says relaxing. I look him in the eye and give him a reassuring smile.

Getting to the meeting premises, I parked the car outside and immediately pressed the invisible button.

"Jemima Valerian from the Ross's Mafia group", I say into the speaker.

"Sorry no record of Jemima Valerian in the Mafia group", the attendant responds back. Oh right.

"SK from..."

"Entry granted"
Oohh! Nice one. It's feels so surreal to be identified as SK. This is going to be the first meeting without face mask.

"Jason Black from the McIntyre Mafia group"

"Entry granted"

"Hurry up Jay, I can't wait to see so many new Mafias and Jon and Alan and Anita and Dimitri", I squeal like a child.

"Oh most feared assassin Dimitri and Anita haven't been initiated yet so they didn't get the message all other Mafias got yesterday", Jay mocks, giving me his famous Cheshire grin.

I only roll my eyes. After so many tunnels and mazes, we finally reach there. Jay takes his position, at the right hand side of where Godfather will be and I sit beside Jay.

I look around and I notice new faces, and old ones. All welcoming me, begging for me to sign their cloak, their guns, their knives but no sign of Alan or Jon. It's still early, they are probably on their way. Hopefully they get here before Godfather takes his seat.

*************************

Thirty minutes later
*************************