Chapter 23

THIRD PERSON NARRATIVE

"Hey Marcus! I need a favor from you"

"Alan what now?"

"It's Jem's birthday tomorrow"

"It's impossible to forget"

"I need you to shock her"

"Shock her? How?"

"Show up. That's all man!"

"She hates me!"

"She needs you"

"Okay fine! What time?
Marcus listens as Alan tells him all the details. He smiles and promises to be there.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
JEMIMA'S POINT OF VIEW
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BEAR!"

"Aarrgghh!",

"Happy birthday love"

"You didn't have to frighten me like that!", I say standing up from the bed.

"Alan! I hope you didn't do anything elaborate. Our Dad is sick, so we can't do anything elaborate", I say looking at him with a raised eyebrow. Alan has always gone overboard with the birthday celebrations in the house.

"No love just a few of our friends I invited"

"We don't have friends here Al."

"Shh! I got you these", he says handing me a box. I hastily tore off the wrappers and nearly fainted at the sight of the clothes. A black leather dress. With matching black sneakers. I looked at him and hugged him senseless.

"Easy there baby bear! There's more. Hurry up and go get dressed while I wait for you outside"

Yaaayy! I'm finally nineteen!

I hurriedly take my bath and put on the dress. It hugged my body perfectly. I put on the sneakers and added some hair clips to my hair to hold it up in the French plait that I did. I look Gorgeous!!

I open the door and I see a cute little puppy. Alan had promised he'd get me one and he did. I bent down pick him up. I read the note attached to the bow and ate the chocolate bar attached to it.
: many people I hate,
       many people I like
but you I love.
Al.

Who knew Alan could be so sweet? I look up and see him smiling down at me. I give him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks Al"
"Anything for you baby bear, now follow me, there's more"

I giggle and let him take my hand as Rex follows us. Yes I decided to call the puppy Rex.

Alan stops In front of a door and comes behind me placing his hand over my eyes to prevent me from seeing.

"Now remember, whatever happens today, don't cry, it's your day!"

"Alan why did you say that?"