Chapter 30

If only fate was this good to me.

I sigh and notice Alan stare at me. He stands up and excuse himself beckoning for me to follow him.

I excuse my self and follow him.
"Where are we going?"
"I want to get a ring for my father. He has been telling me he wants one"
"Jon? Wants a ring? That's strange!"
"I said so too that's why I want you to help me pick out the perfect ring", he says buckling his seatbelt.

I do the same and stare out into the rising moon.

"I feel like having cake", I blurt out unknowingly.

"I feel like having you", Alan replies.

"You perv", I say laughing.

We reach there and the jeweler is about closing his store. We beg him that it is really important and he obliges.

"So Jem look around and tell me which one would be perfect for Dad"
"And what will you be doing?"
"I'll also be looking", he says walking to the other direction of the store.

I look at them but didn't consider any of them fit to be worn by a once revered Mafia. Don't get me wrong, he's still revered but now retired.

One suddenly catches my eye. A green emerald surrounded by diamond stubs. I imagine Alan proposing to me with the ring. I take it and put it in my ring finger and it fits perfectly.

Oh fuck! It's not going to fit Jon
"You like it", Alan asks from behind, startling me.

"Don't scare me like that love"
"I'm sorry baby", he says placing a kiss on my cheek.
"Yes I like it but Jon's finger is stubby and slim. It won't fit him", I say dropping it.

He takes it and studies it. I turn around to study another ring.

"Alan how ab...", my words get stuck in my throat as I see Alan on both knees holding the ring to my face.

"Jemima Luciana Valerian! Today proved that you're not only the most selfless human, but it also confirmed my desire for you. You'll be making my dreams turn into reality by accepting this ring. Will you Marry me and become a Ross?"

"Jem! Jem! Breathe Jem!", Alan was saying. I blinked and remembered how to breathe again. I release the tears.

"Oh Alan! Yes! Yes! Yes! I thought you'd never ask"

He gets up and hugs me. He places a kiss on my lips and refuse to let go.

"Congratulations but if you don't mind, I'd like to close the store now"

"Right! How much is it?"

"A million dollars".
Alan immediately pays with his credit card.

We couldn't contain our excitement. I literally looked at my finger all the way home.

"There you are! Where have you been?", Jay asks on our arrival.

I raise up my left hand and show them my ring.

"Omg!", Anita exclaims and pulls me in for a hug.

"Woah! Finally dude", Dimitri congratulates.

"Congrats bro!", Jay says.

"At last", Jon beams.

"So soon?", Jennifer asks.

"What's going on mommy?", Sophia asks and we all burst out laughing.

"Alright! Picture time!", Anita calls and everyone becomes excited.

As we pose for the camera I began thinking.

All my life I hated my parents for doing that to me. I was betrayed by my own family only to come this far and I can assure you all that this is just the beginning.

I am going to teach my child to be like me, if not better. I am going to give my child all the support he can. My child will never be betrayed by his own family.

I guess my family betraying me was a blessing in disguise. And maybe just maybe, my nightmares will stop.

I have been living by my rule. To kill and not get killed because what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but what kills you leaves you dead and that is exactly what I've been doing and that is exactly what I'll keep doing.

Alan places his hand on my stomach and places a kiss on my lips.

"You'll be the perfect mother Jem!"
"I know I will Alan! I know I will"

And with that thought, I finally focus on the camera.

I was betrayed by my own but here I am the most feared assassin.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Alright Jem! Time for school"

"Holy cow!"

"No swearing sweetie", mum calls from the kitchen.

"How did she hear me Ava?", I ask

"She's a mum, what do you expect?"

"You will not believe what just happened", i say dreamily.

"Another one of those your Mafia dreams? Tell me on our way to school", Ava says ushering me to the bathroom.

"Okay bye mum!", I say leaving the house.

"Now about that dream?" Ava ask.

"Yes this one was different. Alan proposed to me!", I say

"Alan your forever crush! Please he's a senior and you're just a..."

"I know I'm just a fresher"

"Why do you have these dreams each time Marcus goes to back to boarding school?"

"I don't know"

"You cried last night"

"I know that's how I fell asleep"

"Good! So tell me more about this dream"

"I was ruthless! And you guys were wicked to me and Marcus and I grew up being harsh and known all over the world and..."

I kept talking, reliving the moment like it just happened.

I guess I wasn't betrayed by my own afterall. My parents would never do that and Ava too but when we picked Alan on our way to school, he winked at me.

Was it a dream?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
The End!
Or should I say, The beginning of the End...

All these while, Jemima has been dreaming? If only my dreams were as adventurous as Jem's.

Well what do you all think of the ending? Don't forget to please vote, comment and share.

I also want to thank my day 1 readers. You guys have been so supportive. Thank you all so much! I can't thank you enough.

For all those who read Fade to black, it's time to to vote.... Which do you prefer?

Fade To Black?

Or

Betrayed By My Own?

I love you all!!!! ❤😍❤😍❤😍