MEET KENDRICK

KENDRICK POV.

I'm Kendrick Mills

I'm Kendrick Mills. I'm a Junior in college and I play basketball for the school. I don't wanna be in the NBA, I just play to get me through college since it's a free ride. I wanna be a Doctor so my mind is more focused on that. I'm single and I love the life. I'm not looking to be committed to a relationship no time soon. My parents are married and happily married may I add and I have 2 siblings. I have a work-study, so I get paid to sit at the front desk of the library and help students if they need it. But for the most part, I'm studying. Not really much to me. So, on to the story.

—————

As I sat in my Math class, bored by the voice of Dr. Crawford speaking. This girl caught my attention when she came through the door and sat down. Of course, Dr. Crawford had to say something smart to her. That's her nature. As the girl got situated, I caught myself staring at her. I didn't realize it until I noticed her head turning toward me. I looked at Dr. Crawford before we could make eye contact. When she looked away and I glanced at her again. I always see her around and I always thought she was gorgeous. She never drooled over me like the other girls around here so she probably got a guy of her own.

—————

When class ended, I was the first one out.

"Hey Ken", a cute voice said.

I looked at her. "Wassup lil mama", I say to her as I walk out.

She followed me outside and sat next to me on the brick wall. Her name is Kennedy. We don't date or anything she is just some girl I mess with from time to time.

"You look cute today", she said to me.

I wasn't even paying attention to her. I was too busy looking at the girl from class.

"Um hello?? Kendrick??", she said.

I stopped looking at her and looked at Kennedy. "Thank you", I said replying to her compliment.

"Why are you looking at Diamond?", Kennedy asked. "Y'all got something going on?"

"Nah", I said. "But if I did that'll be my business". I got up and walked away.

Kennedy folded her arms and walked away.

I walked into the library and sat at the front desk.

"Hey", Simonè said with a smile.

Simonè worked at the desk with me. she was feeling me too.

"What's up", I said as I sat down.

Suddenly the girl from class comes up to the front desk.

"Hey, I wanna check out some markers and an eraser", she said as she gave me her ID.

I glanced at the school ID to read her name.

"Iight Diamond", I said as I got the markers and scanned her ID. "Return time is three hours", I said.

"Thanks", Diamond said as she took her ID and the bag of markers.

I sat back and looked at her.

'Diamond', I thought to myself