Chapter 27

After the game, Diamond waited for Kendrick to come out the locker room.

Brian comes out with his team and Diamond pulls him to the side.

"Damn Brian. Look like you in the dog house", one of his teams said.

"What happened on that court?", Diamond asked.

"Kendrick hit me, I hit him and now I can't start for two weeks", he said.

"But why did he hit you, what did you say?", Diamond asked.

"Insecurity? I don't know", Brian said.

Diamond sighed.

"If you think I said something about you, I didn't. It was basketball related", Brian said.

"Nah. I've seen Kendrick go back and forth with somebody basketball related. He never gets upset", Diamond said.

"Well I guess it was personal", Brian said. "But unfortunately I have to be on the bus before they leave me"

Diamond folds her arms.

"Come on Diamond. I've known you for how many months? 8?", Brian asked. "I've stopped texting you like you asked. We don't talk on the phone anymore like you asked. Why? Because I respect your relationship", he said.

Diamond sigh.

"Come on you gotta believe me", he said. "I wouldn't do anything to mess up our friendship"

"...I guess I do", Diamond said.

"Thank you", he said.

Diamond nods and looks down.

Brian looks over and sees a guy that's on Kendrick's team looking at them. Brian looks back at Diamond who looks up at him. "I'll see you", he said.

She nods.

Brian walks away about to catch up with the team until Kelsey stops him.

"What?", Brian asked.

"So? Is she mad at you?", Kelsey asked.

"Nah", Brian said. "She has nothing to be mad about"

Kelsey nods. "What did you say to Kendrick?", she asked.

"Well I'll tell you later", Brian said.

"Brian you're moving a little too slow. They're getting a little too close", she said.

"They're already close Kelsey that's the thing", Brian said.

"Yes and it's going to take more than just talking shit to break them apart", she said.

"You can't just let everything happen at once. Shit has to fall together piece by piece. When I do these things slow, it's for a reason. Doing something once can't stop anyone from doing what they want. But hearing it and seeing things constantly, it causes a person to doubt themselves. If it's one thing I learned about him is that he's already insecure because he knows he fucks up and doesn't deserve her. I know this because Dante told me because he wanted me to relax on Diamond because Kendrick thought we was dancing or something at the party", he said.

"Looks like you're more focused on getting Diamond than helping me", Kelsey said.

"And I could care less if you get Kendrick, kinda don't approve, I just want Diamond", he said. "She's already comfortable with coming to me with her problems so if something happens with him then guess what? I'll know and the that's where I'll work my magic. So like I said my plan is working, yours isn't for you"