Chapter 12

A couple days later Diamond and Kendrick we're back on the road. On the way back to school.

"Your parents are pretty nice", Diamond said.

"Yea they can be like that for the most part", he said as he was driving on the highway.

Diamond looks out the window and sighs. "Now it's back to school and back to work", she said.

Kendrick was silent.

Diamond looks down at her phone.

"I was thinking... maybe you should quit that job", Kendrick said.

"Do you have the money for my tuition and rent?", she asked.

"I can get it", he said.

Diamond shakes her head. "The last time I had a guy do something for me he rubbed it in my face 24/7", she said.

"I'm not like that", he said.

Diamond looks at him. "That's what they all say", she said.

Kendrick was silent.

Diamond looks back out the window.

"I just don't like the fact of guys seeing you damn near naked", he said.

Diamond was quiet. "Hey neither do I but I have to make it work", she said softly.

"So why do something you hate?", Kendrick asked.

"Forget the conversation", Diamond demanded. "I'm
Tired"

"D, this is something serious", Kendrick said. "I don't want my girl around guys like that. At first I thought that I could deal with it but I can't"

"Kendrick... you expect me to drop my job. A job that's getting me by and making ends meet so you can end up cheating again or even worst getting some girl pregnant in the process and then I'm stuck back to struggling?", she asked.

Kendrick was silent.

"I think not", Diamond said. "This shit is temporary okay? I don't even think I'll be doing this next year. I'll quit then and the Year is almost over"

Kendrick nods.

Diamond closes her eyes.

Kendrick shakes his head. After talking to his dad, he did plan on telling Diamond about the baby that could possibly be his but now he doesn't know when he should.

——————————

A couple months later and Diamond and Kendrick are still together. The trust for each other has built up a bit more. But Diamond still recalls him cheating in the back of her head. Also Diamond and Kelly have became good friends and hang out, outside of the club.

"You seem happy. You must've had a good date", Diamond said.

"Girl the date was alright. It was the dick that boosted my mood", Kelly said.

Diamond laughs. "You're so crazy", she said.

Kelly chuckles. "Seriously though", she said. "But I should get going", Kelly said.

"Okay", Diamond said.

"Oh yea.. are you still going to the party tonight with me??", Kelly asked.

"Yea", Diamond replied.

"Okay. I'll pick you up. See you tonight", Kelly said before she walked away.

Diamond got her things together and started to walk out the restaurant too until she saw Kennedy waiting in line. Her stomach was popped out a little and she was on the phone with somebody.