Chapter 36

The next morning Diamond was getting ready for work.

Brian walks to her as she flat iron's her hair. "Hey I'm sorry about last night"

"It took you until the next morning to say that?", she asked.

"I was just angry, you know", he said.

"Well you need to control it because I didn't do nothing to you", Diamond said.

Brian walks behind her and puts his hands on her waist.

Diamond puts the flat iron down and unplugs it. "Move Brian", she said.

Brian moves his hands.

Diamond walks out the bathroom. "Make sure you get Ayanna to daycare on time , I'm leaving", she said.

"Come on Diamond don't act like that", he said.

"Just like you said last night, don't tell me how to act", Diamond said. "Have a good day off"

"I love you" he said.

"I love you too", Diamond said before she left.

Brian sighed and shook his head. He walked into Ayanna's room. "Hey Princess. Ready for daycare", he asked.

"No", Ayanna said.

"How come?", he asked.

Ayanna folds her arms.

Brian gets on one knee. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I wanna stay home with you",  Ayanna said.

Brian was quiet. "Fine but between me and you alright. Don't tell mommy", he said.

"Okay", Ayanna said.

——————————————-

Diamond got to work and Carey, her co worker came up to talk to her.

"Girl you used to date that new doctor?", she asked.

"Um.. in college", Diamond said. "How did you know that?"

"Well I was talking to him about something and he told me.. well he didn't say it exactly but it was something that hinted me to it", Carey said.

"Oh", she said.

"So what's the deal with him? Like why'd y'all break up", Carey asked.

"We weren't really... well it had something to do with the both of us", Diamond said.

"Oh", Carey said.

"But speaking of Dr. Mills, I have to get this prescriptions he ordered to his patients in", Diamond said.

Carey chuckles.

"What?", Diamond asked.

"When he first got here.. you guys were like I don't know ..the way y'all were just looking at each other", she said.

"Um Carey if you're assuming what I think you are, it's been eight years since we dated and I'm married. Whatever we had is gone", Diamond said.

"Yea.. I thought the same when I like broke up with my ex who is now husband. Well.. I'm not really going to get in the detail but long story short is I realized that I broke up with him because I was scared"

"Of what?", Diamond asked.

"Of love.. I was young and usually the guys I dated weren't shit so when I started feeling love for him, it got stronger and stronger and I backed out because I didn't wanna get my heart broken", Carey said. "Not saying it the same with you maybe it's something different or maybe I'm wrong"