Chapter 53

A couple weeks later Brian brought Diamond a pregnancy test for her to take. She took it and the test came out positive. Diamond wanted to just run and get a abortion but Brian had all her money and credit cards.

Diamond went to work today and things were different to her without Kendrick around. After her shift, she walked outside and Brian was waiting for her. He has taken her everywhere she needs to go. She hasn't drove anywhere since the day she tried to settle the divorce. He picked Ayanna up from daycare on the way home and dropped them off while he went to work.

"Mommy?", Ayanna asked.

"Yes, baby?", Diamond replied with a sigh.

"What's wrong?", Ayanna questioned.

"...why do you ask that?", Diamond asked.

"You're sad", Ayanna said.

Diamond pauses for a moment as she looked down. Then she looked at Ayanna. "I'm fine", Diamond said. "Mommy is happy"

Ayanna didn't say anything. She just went back to playing with her toys.

Diamond picked up her phone and scrolled through Facebook.

Suddenly, it was a knock on the door. Diamond jumped a little before she got up. She walked to the door and looked out the peak hole. It was Vanessa. She quickly opened the door.

"Nessa? What are you doing here?", Diamond asked.

"No. What are you still doing here and more importantly why are you still with that nigga?", she asked.

Diamond looked back at Ayanna. "Ayanna go upstairs please", Diamond said.

Ayanna went upstairs.

Diamond looked at Vanessa.

"What? It isn't a need of hiding the type of bitch her dad is", Vanessa said.

"Nessa you need to go", Diamond said softly.

Vanessa made a face.

"...why are you even hear?", Diamond asked.

"Because... somebody asked me to check up on you and you haven't been answering my calls", she said.

"You never called me", Diamond said.

"Probably because you blocked me", she replied.

"Blocked you?? I never blocked you", Diamond said.

"You know what I don't care. I just wanna know what's up with you", Vanessa said.

"Nothing is up with me", Diamond said. "I'm fine"

"Fine?", Vanessa questioned.

"Yes", Diamond answered.

"You look miserable", Vanessa said with all honesty.

"I'm not", Diamond said.

"...your eyes look swollen a little... crying? Or got into a little altercation?", Vanessa asked.