Chapter 72

A week later, Diamond was at home taking care of Alyssa while Ayanna was at school. Alyssa would cry all day long and sometimes at night. Diamond didn't know what to do.

After rocking Alyssa for about an hour, she finally went sleep. Diamond walked into her room and put Alyssa in her bassinet.

"Thank god", Diamond whispered as she walked to her dresser and took out her anti-depression medicine and took it.

As she didn't that, her phone rang.

"No, no, no", she said as she ran to her bed trying to turn it off.

Alyssa began to cry again.

"Seriously?", Diamond said as she picked up her phone and answered it. "Hello?", Diamond said. "...yes this is she and I'm so sorry about the crying in the background... really?...okay thank you... have a nice day", diamond hung up and looked at Alyssa.

"I knew you had to be his", she said as she walked to Alyssa and picked her up and walked to the living room and kendrick came through the door.

"You're off early", Diamond said as she sat down.

"Yea. My last patient canceled their surgery", he said. "I see Alyssa is still giving you a hard time"

"Well, you gave me a hard time when we first got together... well the first , first time ", she said.

Kendrick took Alyssa from Diamond and held her. "What is that supposed to mean?", he asked.

Alyssa stopped crying.

"Oh my gosh. She did it again", Diamond said. "Every time you pick her up, she stops crying"

"I guess I got the magic touch", Kendrick said with a smile.

"Or she just loves her dad more than her mom", Diamond said.

"We don't know that yet", Kendrick said as he stopped smiling.

"You can see it, Ken. She loves you", she said.

"I was talking about me being her dad", he said.

"According to the phone call I got from the hospital, I do know", she said.

Kendrick looked at Diamond with his eyes wide. "Seriously", he asked.

Diamond nods.

"Oh shit", Kendrick said as he danced with Alyssa. "I got me a daughter, by a beautiful woman", he sang.

Diamond chuckles.

"We gotta go to my parent's house", Kendrick said. "My mom has been waiting for this moment"

"We can do that and then afterward I need you to help me find another place", Diamond said.

"I told you, you can move in with me", Kendrick said.

"No", Diamond said.

"Why not?", Kendrick asked.

"Because...I just... I don't think so", Diamond said.

"We're been dating for like 7 months Diamond", he said. "And we're known each other for years"

"Kendrick...I just wanna build myself first...I don't wanna go back to depending on a man right now", she said.

"Diamond. Although you can depend on me, you don't have to. You can still build yourself, and live with me at the same time", he said.

Diamond looks down. "Just give it some time", she said.

Kendrick sat down next to Diamond. "What's up?", he asked.

Diamond sighed. "The last time I moved in with a man...things went down hill", she said.

"That man wasn't me", Kendrick said.

Diamond looked at Kendrick. "I know... I just need some time", she said.

"Okay... I'm not pressuring you", he said.

"Thank you", she said.

"Have you told Brian yet?", Kendrick asked.

"No. I just got the call before you walked in", she replied. "I don't know how I'm going to tell him honestly"

"Don't see why it should be so hard. You're not with him", Kendrick said. "Better yet. Me and Alyssa can go tell him our self"

"That's petty", Diamond said as she got up.

Kendrick looked at Alyssa.

Diamond looked at the both of them. "...I wonder why she doesn't like me", she said.

"Of course she likes you Diamond. She loves you", Kendrick said.

Diamond looked down.

Kendrick stood up and put Alyssa in front of Diamond and speaks in a baby voice. "I do love you mommy", Kendrick said.

Diamond smiled.

Kendrick moved Alyssa front diamond face and began rocking her.

"Well.. I'm glad you did come. I'm going to go get Ayanna from school", Diamond said.

"The Queen of the kingdom is coming", Kendrick said jokely.

"I guess she got her little bossy attitude from her daddy", Diamond said as she picked up her purse. "I'm going to get groceries tonight"

"I want lasagna", Kendrick said.

"I don't have the energy to make that", Diamond said.

"I will", kendrick said.

"How?", Diamond asked.

"I learned", Kendrick replied.

"Mmm. I didn't teach you", Diamond said.

"I got my secrets", Kendrick said with a smile.

Diamond folded her arms.

"My mom", he said.

Diamond nodded. "Mhm. Okay. Be back", Diamond said.

"I'm taking her to my mom's house", Kendrick said.

"Her bag is in my room", Diamond said.

"I know", Kendrick said.

"Okay.. and the base is in my car so -",

"I brought one for mine already?", Kendrick said.

"You did?", she asked.

Kendrick nods. "She felt like she was mine so...I brought it anyways", he said.

Diamond nods. "Okay then... tell your mom I'm sorry I couldn't come and tell her hello", she said.

"Okay", Kendrick replied.

Diamond opened the front door and walked out.

TO BE CONTINUED....