Chapter 50

The next morning, Diamond went by the Starbucks to get some coffee before work.

"$4.66", the cashier said.

Diamond swiped her card and put her PIN number in and it declined.

"What the- "

"Um ma'am-"

Diamond cut her off. "Yea I know. I'm sure I can read", she said as she went into her wallet and gave her a five dollar bill. "Keep the change"

Diamond graves her coffee and walked out of the restaurant. She opened up her banking app to check her account and it said the money was withdrawn this morning.

"What the fuck", she said to herself.

She quickly called Brian and he eventually answered.

"Hello?", he said.

"Brian did you take all of the money out of the account? My money?", she asked.

"Yes", he said.

"Why?", she asked.

"If you need money for something, you ask me", he said.

"Brian we are not about to do this. Put my shit back into my account", she said.

"Like I said if you need something, you ask me", he said. "Do you need something?"

Diamond hung up in his face. "He can not be serious right now", she thought to herself as she walked to her car. "He really can't not be serious", she said.

———————————————-
Diamond got to work and she was still frustrated about Brian this morning.

"I don't know. I'm still in a lot of pain", a patient said.

"I'll see what I am get for you then", Diamond said. "I'll talk to your doctor"

"You said that 20 minutes ago", he said.

"I know sir. I'm trying the best that I can. We have a packed house today. I'll check in on the order", Diamond said.

"Thanks", he said.

Diamond smiled and walked out the room. She stopped smiling and called Kendrick.

"Dr. Mills", he said.

Hey, this is Diamond. I have a patient who still hasn't gotten his meds", she said with some annoyance in her voice.

"Did you check?", Kendrick asked.

"Yes", Diamond said.

"Well check again", he said.

Diamond rolled her eyes and walked to the computer to look for the order. "I guess it would be there if you did it just now", she said.

"Anything else", Kendrick asked.

"Yea...whenever it's time for you to leave. Have a nice life", she said.

Kendrick was silent for a moment. "I still got another week so...", he said.

"I don't", she said.

"What do you mean by that?", he asked.

"Might be going to jail tonight", she said. "Would tell you, but you might read about it"