Chapter 10

The day of Diamond's dad funeral, it really hit her that both her parents were gone. At the moment it's after the burial.

Vanessa walks up to Diamond. "Hey cousin", she said. "How are you doing?", she asked.

Diamond shrugs. "As good as I'm going to be", Diamond said.

"She's been holding up good.. well until today", Kendrick said.

Vanessa nods.

"Kendrick can you give us some privacy ?", Diamond said.

"Uh sure", Kendrick said as he got up and walked away.

"Everything okay?", Vanessa Asked.

"Yea.. I just wanted you to tell something you may want and need to tell me", Diamond said.

Vanessa looked down. "I guess you know", Vanessa said as she looked up at Diamond.

Diamond nods.

"I just didn't want you to ruin your mood. You've been so happy", Vanessa said sitting next to Diamond.

"Yea but you're like one the closest people I talk to. You could've told me", Diamond said.

"I'm sorry. I was just so embarrassed", Vanessa said.

"I get it Nessa", Diamond said. "I just wanna know this... who asked who?"

"I asked him", Vanessa said.

"And did he hesitate?", Diamond asked.

"He did hesitate... I was almost gone but he called me back to him", she said.

Diamond nodded.

"But... you're still with him?", Vanessa asked.

"Why? I shouldn't?", Diamond asked.

"...well I don't know. I mean.. he can't even resist a little bit of ass. Who says he won't do it again", Said Vanessa.

"Well.. I noticed something about him when he hides something from me. He acts different", she said. "If he does it again . I'll know"

"I don't know Diamond. He's pretty... smooth", Vanessa said. "But it's your decision not mine"

Diamond nods. "My guard is still up. Trust me", she said.

"And that's all I can ask for," she said.

Diamond got up and walked outside with Vanessa.

Diamond looks for Kendrick and sees her grandma talking to him, so she walks over

"Hey baby", She said said as she hugged Diamond.

"Hey grandma", Diamond said as she hugged her back.

Her grandmother pulled away. "I was just talking to your little boyfriend here. He's cute and got some good stuff going for him", she said. Her grandma leans into Diamond. "Don't lose this one, he gone be making some money baby", she whispered.

Diamond and Kendrick chuckled, especially because she wasn't really whispering.

"See you later baby. See you later too Kendall", her grandma said.

"It's Kendrick grandma", Diamond said.

"Oh I'm sorry baby", she said before she walked away.

"Well.. guess you met my grandma", Diamond said.

"Yea", said Kendrick. "Wish I could've met your dad. He seemed cool. Your mom too"

"Yea... they were", Diamond said.