Chapter 39

After Brian's surgery, Kendrick came to talk to Brian after the anesthesia wore off.

Brian looked at him.

"See you are doing well", Kendrick said.

Brian touches his bandage where the bullet wound is.

"It was extremely close to your heart, you are a lucky guy", Kendrick said.

"You did surgery on me?", Brian asked.

Kendrick nodded.

"...thank you", Brian said. "I um actually thought I was going to die"

"Well you didn't", Kendrick said. "As you can see"

"Where's Diamond?", he asked.

"She's in the break room. I'll let her know that your up", he said.

"It's iight. We ain't on the best of terms right now", Brian said.

"Best of terms or not. She cares wether you're okay or not", Kendrick said.

Brian didn't say anything.

Kendrick looked at him. "I mean I'm sure you know this but no matter how tough she acts.. she's a forgiving person and I don't know what you did but hopefully she'll forgive you", he said. "I'll let her know you're up", he said as he walked to the door.

"Ay Kendrick", Brian said.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm sorry about fucking with y'all relationship", Brian said. "I should've just left her alone but I didn't and I'm sorry and through all you saved my life, thank you"

Kendrick looked at him. "Man listen I'm just doing my job. I made an oath to treat all my patients the same and do what I need to do for them to survive and that's why you're breathing right now"

"Is that a threat?", Brian asked.

"No, it's the honest truth", Kendrick said. "Now like I said before I'll let diamond know you're up"

Kendrick walk to the break room and saw Diamond.

"How is he?", Diamond asked as she stood up.

"He's going to be fine", Kendrick said.

Diamond touches her chest. "Thank god", she said as she sat down.

"You can go see him", Kendrick said.

Diamond shakes her head. "No I just wanted to know if he was okay or not"

"What's going on with y'all?", Kendrick asked.

"...I don't wanna talk about it", Diamond said.

"Like I said I'm here", Kendrick said. "Anytime"

"Yea", Diamond said. "I guess"

"What's that supposed to mean?", Kendrick asked.

"It means that, what I'm going through right now shouldn't have to involve my ex... it involves me and him", Diamond said.

"...is it that bad?", Kendrick asked.

"Kendrick I don't wanna talk about it seriously", Diamond said as she stood up.

Kendrick nods.

Diamond walks out and begins to go to the nurses station, but instead turns around and goes to Brian's room.

Diamond walks in and Brian looks at her.

"Hey I'm just coming in and seeing how you're doing", Diamond said.