Chapter 75

The next day, Diamond was getting Ayanna ready for school one morning.

"When is Kendrick going to watch me again?", Ayanna asked.

"Kendrick has been busy with work during the week", Diamond  replied.

"Aw", Ayanna said.

"... I see you have came to start liking Kendrick", Diamond said as she grabbed Ayanna's book bag.

"Yep", Ayanna said.

Diamond smiled at gave Ayanna her book bag.

Ayanna put her book bag on. "Mommy, Kendrick asked me if he can marry you but I don't know what to say", she said.

Diamond paused for a moment and started stuttering. "...wh- what?", she asked.

Suddenly, Alyssa starts crying.

"You know what? Never mind, Ayanna", Diamond said as she picked up Alyssa's car seat and Alyssa stopped crying. "Let's get you to school"

"Okay", Ayanna replied.

Diamond took Ayanna to school and went back to her apartment. All she could do was think about the fact that Kendrick was going to ask her to marry him sooner or later. She loved Kendrick and she saw a future with him, she just didn't want marriage to break them apart.

While Diamond was about to call Vanessa, she got a call from Kendrick. She waited a moment, then answered the call.

"Hello?", Diamond said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, beautiful", Kendrick said. "Just calling to check on you guys"

"We're fine", Diamond said.

"Good", he said. "I was thinking that if Nessa could watch Alyssa or maybe even my mom or something, tonight we could go out to dinner"

"Umm...i don't know about tonight", she said.

"Oh well how about this weekend? Saturday?", he asked.

"I don't know, Kendrick. I'll have to see", Diamond said as she got a little nervous.

"...what's going on?", he asked.

"What do you mean?", she asked.

"Like why you gotta see about stuff? What you gotta do?", Kendrick asked.

"Nothing", she said.

"I'm confused. So why we gotta see about it?", he asked.

"Kendrick, the baby is crying. Let me call you back", Diamond said lying.

"Diamond, are we good? You still mad at me for messing the house up? I cleaned it up", he said.

"You missed a few spots but no. I'm not mad at you", Diamond clarified. "But I have to go okay. I need to get the bottle ready"

"...iight. We'll just talk later", he said.

"Okay", Diamond replied.

"I love you", he said.

"Love you too, Bye", she replied.