56. Jayson gets in trouble at the Mar

Six weeks. Six weeks of frantic searching, of grasping at straws. Six weeks since Cassie and Jayson came back to us, six weeks since they had to leave once again. Asher has been trying to hack every file, every software, any device that might give us some clues. Mara has been reading every file that Christian gave us, every article and letter that might seem of use. Even Daniel back at the compound has been helping us out as best as he can, trying to find out if anyone back home could be working for the enemy. Christian is trusting us to fulfill this mission, he's sent us so many encouraging messages that I've started to lose count. He must also be stressed out about the whole situation, desperation tinting the words that he writes to us.

"The sooner we catch him, the sooner our problems will be solved. The sooner we can avenge that which was taken from us."

Quinn. We haven't forgotten about her sacrifice to the compound, about her bravery. And we aren't the only ones that have lost people we care about. Asher told us a few weeks back why his team volunteered for the mission, why it is so important to the three of them. One of their best friends died in the same mysterious way Quinn had, just outside of another abandoned power plant. Kind of like the location that Jack and his team had gone to investigate not so long ago.

Diana is already at the orphanage, and I haven't had a vision since she left. She still won't talk to me, ignoring all my texts, but that isn't what is worrying me most. Cassie has been keeping us posted on the newest events at the Mar and tells us everything that has been going on. She said it's chaos, the President has increased security and was interrogating every one of his guards, staff, and council members. The problem was, three spies were in that group of people, and if the president found them out, everything we worked so hard for, would be over. Cassie had already passed the interrogation, and it looked like her cover held strong, now we just needed to worry about Xavier and Jayson.

Speaking of which, it looks like he and Mara finally worked out whatever it was that was going on between them. The night they came to visit us I saw him and Mara sitting together on the sofa. I heard him whisper something in her ear before he leaned in and planted a soft kiss on her temple. She snuggled closer to him, burrowing into his side, and I quietly backpedaled, not wanting to intrude on their privacy. The next morning, I caught Mara smiling to herself in the mirror, and I knew everything had been sorted out.

But now none of us are smiling. Kalen is practically a furnace, the stress making his body temperature rise, Ash is constantly on his computer, and I had to physically drag him out of his chair more than once and force him to sleep. Mara and I, well, we are handling the situation a bit better than the boys.

"Still nothing?" Asks Mara, coming into our shared room.

I had been trying to trigger a vision for the past two hours, but nothing was happening. No matter how many times I read over my great great great grandfathers book, or how many times I looked at pictures of the President and his family.

"Nada," I say, frustrated by my lack of success.

"Don't worry, we will find something eventually. We just have to be patient and...."

"Guys! I think I got something!"

Asher's voice makes it to our room, loud and clear. Mara's mouth falls open, and she stares at me in shock. It takes me a moment to get going, but once I am, I'm stumbling out the door, hot on Mara's heels as we run to the boys' room. Ash is staring at his computer, the same shocked expression we are wearing painting his features. You could probably hear a pin drop with how quiet we are, waiting for him to speak.

"Look. There is a pattern. I think I finally figured it out!" He exclaims, ecstatic.

His eyes light up with hope, as he turns the computer around in his lap. I sit down in front of him on the floor, and Mara copies my position, crossing her legs in front of her.