Chapter 7 - You Can Trust Me

**Austin’s POV

“Austin I can’t tell you, I just can’t” she said with pain in her voice.

“Why? You can trust me, I promise.” she looked down as if something was bothering her.

“I’ll tell you but not here, or now.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because…Meet me after school on Monday.”

“Um okay then…” I agreed.

“Let’s go to the photo booth!” She said trying to make the situation better. We took adorable hilarious photos, she got a copy and so did I.

“Hey guys are you ready to leave? I’m starved!” Alex said.

“Same here!”

“How about Panera?” Kylie suggested and we all nodded our heads. We walked to my car to leave to Panera.

 I sat next to Alex this time…even though I really wanted to sit next to Kenny but she sat next to Kylie. We ate and I dropped the girls off in front of their house “Thank you guys today was a lot of fun!” Kendra said hoping out of the car.

“Bye guys thanks for today!” Kylie said. As Kylie went to walk up the steps to her house Alex ran out the car and stopped her.

 **Alex’s POV

I saw Kylie walking up her steps but I couldn’t let the night end like this. “KYLIE, WAIT UP!” She turned around and I hugged her then gently kissed her on the lips.

“AWWWWW!” I heard Kendra yell from the door.

“What was that for?” She asked surprised from my actions.

“I had to kiss my girlfriend goodnight!”

“Your girlfriend I don’t remember you asking?”

“Will you be my girlfriend Ky?” She kissed me again “so I take that as a yes?”

She smirked “YES ALEX!” I picked her up and spun her around and kissed her.

“Goodnight beautiful I’ll call you tomorrow”

“Okay goodnight.” Kendra shut the door to pretend she was never watching and Austin looked down at his phone to act like he wasn’t watching either.

“So you and Kyky?” Austin asked.

“Yup my girlfriend”

“Congrats dude”

 “thanks, I really like her!” I said.

 **Austin’s POV**

--Sleepover at my house

“Hey mom” I said greeting my mom as I entered the house.

“Hi Michelle!” Alex said running up the stairs after me.

“So what’s up with you and Kendra?”

“I really like her I really, really like her!”

“Then ask her out what are you wait for?”

“I haven’t told you yet but Friday night when I dropped her off at her house I tried to kiss her goodnight but she pulled away…”

“So she didn’t want to kiss you?”

“Well I guess you could put it that way, but it’s not me it’s her!”

“Um…?”

“Wow that sounded really bad!” I said screwing up my face.

“Yeah you think…”

“What I mean to say is she likes me too it’s just there’s something she need to tell me that’s the reason she’s holding back she’s telling me Monday.”

“Will good luck with that dude!”

“Thanks! Let’s just watch tv get my mind off things”  

**Monday Homeroom**

**Still Austin’s POV**

Mr. Barrett started taking attendance and Kendra still hasn’t came to class maybe she’s just going to be late… “Hey Alex do you know if Kenny is coming to school?”

“No clue!”

“Kendra? Is Kendra here this fine morning? Nope okay…”

 **Lunch**

If Kenny isn’t at lunch I know for sure she didn’t come to school today. I really want to know why she’s holding back on us. “Hey Kylie, Kendra’s not here?”

“Nope she stayed home she didn’t feel like coming today so mom let her stay home.”

“Oh um okay…” I was disappointed I knew exactly why she didn’t come today…So she didn’t have to talk to me.