Chapter 11 - Everythings Gunna Be Alright

**Principals Office**

I sat in the principal’s office with Austin and Alex they sat between me and Taylor separating us. We explained what happened Taylor got two weeks of detention for starting it and I got suspended for this week for physically assaulting her. They called my mom to come pick me up to start my suspension. Taylor left to class, Alex hugged me good bye and Austin stayed with me until my mom showed up.

“So how much trouble are you going to get in with your mom?”

“Let’s just say a lot!”

“Will I be able to see you?”

“I hope so…” I looked down. Suddenly Austin grabbed my face and kissed me.

“Every things going to be alright baby I promise!”

“Yeah I hope.”

I heard a deep voice and automatically I knew who it was…Derek. I saw him talking to the women at the desk.

“Oh…My…God!”

 “What?” Austin asked.

“Derek’s here to pick me up…”

“Is that bad? I thought your mom was going to pick you up.”

“Yeah I thought so to…”

“Kendra come on your father is here for you” the assistant said.

“He’s NOT my father . ”

I got up and walked to the door with Austin. “So is this kid is the reason you fought!?” Derek said point a finger to Austin.

I pushed his finger away, “No he isn’t so leave him alone!” I turned toward Austin “I’m sorry I’ll talk to you later.” I hugged and pecked him goodbye. We went our separate ways.

Derek and I got in the car and he raced home in anger. We got in the drive way and I ran out of the car into the house up the stair and locked myself in my room scared if Derek would try to hit me again.

“Kendra Lee Anderson open the door now!” He said banging on the door. I forgot he had a key to all the rooms, right now I’m screwed.

I heard the door unlock then swing open. “What he fuck is wrong with you Kendra first a boyfriend now fights!? Just letting you know now you are in SO much trouble and you are definitely getting it!”

“Leave me alone! You’re not my father!” He came up to me pulled my hair and started hitting me. I start to cry from the pain. All I thought about was Mason when he use to abuse me. I moved Peabody to get away from the abuse but now I’m living with it in San Antonio! When he saw there was blood dripping from my nose he stopped and walked out of my room like nothing had happened and left me on the floor in pain.

By the time I cleaned myself up school was over and Austin Kylie and Alex were blowing up my phone with text and calls. I through my phone across my room and laid under my covers and cried.

I heard my door open and automatically I thought Derek was going to beat me again. Someone removed the covers from my head and I saw Austin. “AUSTIN!” I got up and hugged him forgetting about me black swollen eye.

His eyes widened when he saw bruises on my arms and a swollen black eye and my hair in a messed up bun. “Oh my god Kendra! WHAT HAPPENED!?”

“Um…The Taylor thing do you not remember today?”

“Taylor didn’t hit you please tell me what happened baby…” I saw his eyes get watery.

“Austin I can’t tell you I’m sorry.”

“Baby you can trust me.” Suddenly I thought back to the time when I told him about Mason here in my room. I know I can trust him but what if he tells someone or he tells the cops or my mom…

“I got….jumped…I went to get the mail and a group of girls jumped me.”

“Stop lying Kendra…It was Derek wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, yeah it was.”

“You have to tell someone Kendra you can’t live with this!”

“NO! THIS IS WHY I DIDN’T WANT TO TELL YOU! YOU’RE GOING TO TRY TO HELP ME BUT REALLY YOU’RE JUST GOING TO MAKE IT WORSE!”

“Kenny calm down!” he said holding my face in his hands.

“NO! Don’t touch me and leave. I don’t want to see you…”

“Kendra you don’t mean that…”

“Yes I do leave now.” He got up and left. I cried I was hurt, upset, alone, I had no one. No one at all.

I put on a hoodie, a pair of shorts and socks fixed my bun and put on cover up to cover my eye. I walked down stairs to the kitchen to get a snack and find Alex Kylie and Austin talking in the kitchen. They just stared at me.

“You told them didn’t you!? How could you Austin I thought I could trust you!!!” I began to cry.

“I didn’t tell them stop crying!”

“You liar!”

“He didn’t say anything Kendra! We asked why he came down stairs and the only thing he said was you were sleeping and he didn’t want to bother you so he came down stairs that’s all…but what’s going on!?” Kylie said confused.

I’m not going to lie I was embarrassed so I just ran up stairs and trapped myself in my room. I slid down the door and sat there and cried. I heard Austin on the other side of the door.

“Baby please open the door please!”

I gave in and opened it “what do you want Austin?”

“I want to talk…”

“About what?”

“About what just happened.” I grabbed his hand brought him inside and closed the door. We sat on my bed “Kendra you can trust me I promise and you can tell me anything I’ll be hear to listen…You told me not to tell anyone so I’m not going too, even though it would be the right thing to do but I’m not.” He said cleaning the tears from my face.

“Austin I’m sorry for yelling at you and accusing you of telling Kylie and Alex. I just thought you did and I know it is the right thing to do but I’m scared of what will happen…”

“Everything is going to be alright just do what’s right Kendra.”

“I don’t want to tell anyone right now I’m not ready…”

“Fine and when you are ready I’ll be right here by your side with you and supporting you and don’t let him put his hands on you please! It kills me to see you hurt!”

“Okay thank you Austin it means a lot!”

“Anytime Kendra” he said hold me in his arms “I love you.”

Oh my god did he really just say that?! I couldn’t say it back I don’t know why but I just couldn’t “yup, awesome!” I just made things completely awkward!