CHAPTER 4: Maxee

Two earth days before the crash..

It's year 2215. Many things have changed. The technologies innovated, But not that much. There were previous disasters that earth faced, causing the development of the world in general to slowdown. Fashion statements are almost the same, more taller buildings, and almost everything was automatic with the AI.

But Maxee is not one who relies on these new technologies. She likes manual control more.

"Oh, Max! You're finally awake. I've been knocking on your door countless times you won't wake up." Her mom greeted her while preparing breakfast as she saw her coming downstairs from her room.

"I was just tired." Maxee replied while scratching her eyes. "Have you seen the key to my wardrobe?" She asked and sat in a dining chair waiting for her mom to finishbpreparing the breakfast.

"No, honey. I told you. You should've let me install a fingerprint unlock to your wardrobe so you won't be needing keys anymore."

Max lowered her shoulder, tired of the same conversation with her mom trying to convince her to use advanced technologies.

"Yeah, and if a burglar gets in, they're gonna cut my fingers off just to open my wardrobe. No, mom. No thanks." She said in a sarcastic tone of voice.

"Oh, dear. Why do you think like that?" She served the breakfast at the table. "I talked to your aunt in the gathering last night. You know, your father's sister? It's kind of really hard to remember their names 'cause your father had like... 12 siblings but the Aida one, she said she might be able to help you with your internship next year."

Max looked like she didn't like what her mom said and stopped eating.

"Mom, I told you not to ask any of dad's siblings for help. I barely even know them. Or my cousins!" Max complains while still trying to be respectful.

"It's okay! She's your Aunt. She'll be glad to help. She knows how hard it is for us now that your father's..." she paused. Trying to come up with a better word. "Gone." She looked away.

"Mom, I don't need their help, okay?" Max lowers her voice. "I gotta prepare.. I'm getting late for my second class." She added.

Max drives herself to school regularly. She goes to Windon University, about 20 minutes drive from their house.

After the class, she went with 2 of her friends to have lunch.

"So how was the family gathering, Max?" Asks Kiera. Blonde, a few inches taller than Maxee, and fair skin. She loves fashion, she always dresses up like she's going to walk in a runway.

"Boring. I barely even knew the people there. But you know, I still had to come. At least to honor being part of dad's family even he's already gone."

"Yeah, it sucks. Sorry to hear that." Says Jana. She's just as tall as Maxee. A few shades fairer than her too. She has brown hair and eyes and is wearing glasses. She's nerdy but get also get along with the vibes of the squad.

"Did you meet any hot cousin of yours? You should've probably given him my number." Kiera said.

"No. I was just sitting in the corner. Then I walked out."

"Classic Max." Jana shook her heaf.

"Hey, Don't forget we have a beach party to attend tomorrow! You should bring your best swimsuit. There's probably plenty of smoking-hot guys there." Kiera told Maxee and took her foundation powder out of her handbag and puts it on her face.

"I don't know if I can. I'm not in the mood." Max looks down.

Kiera and Jana looks at each other.